Craaaackkkkkkkkkk

Burchtree

KnifeMaker & Moderator
You think you got a handle on things and you go and screw up. I just cracked two W-2 blades. I haven't done that in quite some time, a now I get two in one night. Just thought I'd tell you guys because my dog doesn't seem to care. :grumpy:

Just save the pieces for "frontier damascus". Let them know they'll make a blade one way or anouther!

Get yerself some of that Park's #50 quenching oil. Quench speed is as fast as water, without the cracking. A wise ABS Mastersmith once told me, "the only thing water is used for in my shop is for drinking".

Craig Camerer seems to be getting very good results with W2, using Brownell's Tough Quench.

I think I got the blades too hot -- I hadn't had a problem with the other W-2 blades, but I just got a replacement regulator and I think it was pushing out a little mo' heat than I thought. :)

Michael, that's really bad, after all that work! The only other noise that could compare with that would be the river ice under your boots making that noise. A gentleman with your talents will find a use for the unfortunate results. Hey, smack that ungrateful dog, too!

Originally posted by John Andrews
will find a use for the unfortunate results.

I already busted them open to look at their chewy nuget center. :D

The title of this thread is what everyone else sees when I bend at the waist.

And I thought you had a belt break and smack you. My cows are the sameway, only care if they eat and thats it. I'd better go fed them before they get out.....

Back