Craftsman Compucarve

Mark Williams

Wonder if it could be used for harder materials like micarta and hardwoods for handle slabs. I guess if you can control the feed and speed it could work.

Somebody buy one and try it :) they are only $1800.

Hey Mark...When you get yours I'll come down so you can show me how to use it. I've been lookin at the demo's on their website for a week now but don't have the $ right now. They are supposed to have a model that will do curves.....Knife Handles. I sent them an e-mail asking if it will profile knife handles...They haven't replied except to say they were backordered and would let me know when some were available. Here is their site http://www.carvewright.com./index.html

Larry

Wonder if it could be used for harder materials like micarta and hardwoods for handle slabs. I guess if you can control the feed and speed it could work.

Somebody buy one and try it :) they are only $1800.

On the comercial they are $1899 aren't they?

I got a craftsman club sale flyer the other day and you can get it for $200 cheaper already.

After reading the reviews, most people were pleased with it. A few though it was pretty flimsy with a lot of plastic parts and that it wouldn't take very deep cuts at all. For those without CNC, it can open a lot of doors that would not otherwise be open though. Just take lots of small passes.

Looks like a nifty gadget.

I think I'd wait for verison 2.

Something like this is bound to have some 'issues' that will be addressed in the next model.

Still, neat idea. It's certainly not the last of this sort of thing we'll be seeing in years to come, I think.

Back