1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Craig smartphone lense kit.

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Hickory n steel, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I was at Rite aid picking up my prescription and found this for $12 and just had to try it out.

You get a fish eye lense, macro lense and an 0.67x wide angle lense.
    I've got no use for a fish eye lense I don't think but the wide angle and macro for sure.
    The fish eye lenses doesn't seem that great anyways but I really wouldn't know.
    The wide angle does have a huge effect but it does work.
    [​IMG]
    At first I thought I was missing the macro until I realize that the wide angle lense screws onto it :eek:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It just clips right onto your phone or tablet, and is supposed to work on most makes and models.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    I almost forgot an example of the macro lense, honestly I probably would have played the $12 for just the macro.

This is the best I could get without it
    [​IMG]
    And this is with the macro lense, it obviously makes a huge difference.
    [​IMG]

22-rimfire and annr like this.
  3. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I have read about these. But have never heard if they are any good or worked. Looks fun to play with. I think they were advertised on TV at one point.

4. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    There might have been one, but I'm pretty sceptical of anything advertised on TV and would certainly seek a different brand if they were.
    As far as I'm concerned there are only 4 good products advertised on TV.
    The Ronco Showtime rotisserie, oxyclean, Flex seal, and Kaboom shower cleaner.

The Macro lens really is the best part of this, the wide angle lens doesn't do much.
    Maybe I'll post a picture or two with the fish eye lens and someone who knows a thing or two can tell us if it's actually doing a good job of whatever it's supposed got do.

5. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Flex Seal is good stuff. Haven't tried the other stuff. I remember now where I saw them..... I get emails from the Kim Komando computer show had a write up about them.

Oxyclean, good.

What about My Pilllow? Interested in the window cleaner stuff from Fuller Brush Co. Read it is pretty good stuff. But not cheap. You don't get very much with the typical order.

6. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Haven't tried either yet, but the pillow and the fuller full Chrystal are US made so I would be willing to try them.

7. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Hey Hickory, that's pretty cool.
    How far away is the macro...ineffective?

8. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    You've gotta be right up on it, within a few inches for sure.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  9. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    That's cool cause I suck at anything up close. I'll be buying one. Thanks bro!

10. Bradenk1987

Bradenk1987 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 11, 2013
  11. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    It's spelled "lens". Not "lense".

12. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Bradenk1987 likes this.