1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Crazy With Beckers

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by zfJames, Jan 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. zfJames

zfJames Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Ok, so I’ve heard some wild stories on the KABAR forum and elsewhere touting the strength of KABAR’s classic USMC knives. Not to be outdone, I thought I would ask y’all if you had any stories about incredible/crazy things you’ve done with your Becker knives. Thoughts?

2. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    This one time, at band camp...

Mike McCarter, Xr6x, zfJames and 4 others like this.
  3. Don W

Don W Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Bladite, Xr6x, Tanker 1/66 and 2 others like this.
  4. BRab

BRab

Nov 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. bush-haus

bush-haus Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 15, 2010
    BRab, Xr6x and zfJames like this.
  6. gmoneyluv

gmoneyluv Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Yep, that was a great thread! So much destruction!

Tanker 1/66 and Xr6x like this.
  7. bush-haus

bush-haus Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 15, 2010
    So MUCH destruction! You can’t not buy a Becker after seeing that. I bet Ethan got a real kick out of seeing that.
    Kudos to BRab for putting that together and to Ethan for designing a knife that can eat a lawn mower for breakfast, cinder blocks for lunch, and a stove for dinner.

Xr6x, zfJames and gmoneyluv like this.
  8. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller

Jan 23, 2014
    That really backs up the "field dress a Buick" statement. :D

Xr6x likes this.
  9. zfJames

Dec 6, 2017
    That was some awesome testing! Many thanks for your hard work!!!

I couldn't agree more with you, bush-haus!

10. cbwoods67

cbwoods67

Oct 12, 2010
    There was a thread where Moose (and maybe Ethan) gave the local fire department a bk3 and they actually did that. Although it may have been a Plymouth or Dodge.

zfJames and StrangeDaze like this.
  11. Ethan Becker

Ethan Becker Moderator Moderator

Sep 1, 1999
    That was Moose’s idea and it was a Dodge Omni.... I was there as an observer and it was Really, Really cool..... I certainly do not recommend this in the field....It kinda upsets the guys in Olean and Truly, in normal use, you are gonna be OK......And please remember the place to be as kind as you can to your equipment is in the field.... The further afield you are the less likely you will be able to get backup.... the inter webs are full of test to destruction vids...... Fun to watch and sometimes dangerous to emulate........ Practice your skills..... be safe ..... have fun....be safe...

E

Bladite, 19-3ben, gmoneyluv and 4 others like this.
  12. zfJames

Dec 6, 2017
    Was https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bk3-spotlight-part-2.828544/ it? I also wanted to see some stories in this thread, as well as mass destruction (obviously not destroying the Beckers because they don’t break!)!

13. cbwoods67

cbwoods67

Oct 12, 2010
  14. zfJames

Dec 6, 2017
    Simply beautiful video. That’s the thread that got me interested in the BK3. My finances haven’t let me get one yet... :/ I’m watching for that awesome BK3 giveaway that probably won’t ever happen! :p

15. zuluninja

zuluninja boricua grinder

Aug 25, 2009
    define "crazy"...BKs here have been used for a lot of things, ranging from the absurd to the essential.

16. zfJames

Dec 6, 2017
    My definitional requirements are whatever YOU consider to be the most outrageous feat that you’ve done! ;)

17. JoberSeven

JoberSeven

Oct 5, 2013
    wasn't me, but I cringed when I saw my brother baton his bk2. with the back side of my hatchet! f***wit...

zfJames likes this.
  18. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    that's a good way to hurt the hatchet