Creating other forums: Movies, cigars, food?

What would it take to get other sub-forums for other off-topic things like Movies, Cigars, Food... GUNS...

No hostility. Just wondering if it's an option anyone's considered.

(I love BF and would love to see it expand.)

We have that forum already.....it's called Gadgets & Gear.

IMO, adding more forums is the wrong thing to do or want. Primarily because "posts begats posts", the more you hide new material in little cubby hole sub forums, the more "dead" a forum site becomes. In other words you wants chaos and mixing of various topics.

You can look to a certain other forum that has a bazzilion + 1 subforums, and nothing new or interesting gets posted (at least where you can find it) for weeks at a time.

I don't even know what forum DaveH is talking about, there are so many like that -- LOL! When a forum starts getting so much traffic it's hard to keep up with, then we can think about splitting it.

Trying to expand non-knife content is not a goal here anyway. We're not trying to take over the entire internet.... :cool:

I think that a sub forum for guns would be a great idea, but the other topics already have a home in Community and Gadgets and Gear, like Kalooch stated. Also, Kalooch would have to run interference for everyone who was used to posting in GG about guns, and now had to post about guns in its own forum. Still an interesting idea though.

We have a forum for guns - TheHighRoad.org or TheFiringLine.com

The guys running those sites are top notch in my book, and good people. As for the rest, it's BladeForums.com, not "everything under the sun"

Alright. You win. All you guys make good points.:thumbup:

Except for K.V.. He can bite me.:D ;)

We have a forum for guns - TheHighRoad.org or TheFiringLine.com

The guys running those sites are top notch in my book, and good people. As for the rest, it's BladeForums.com, not "everything under the sun"

Thank you for recommending those Spark :thumbup: .

Thank you for recommending those Spark :thumbup: .

Yeah, I hang out on The High Road too, on occasion, and the people on there are very civilized and nice. But I KNOW a lot of people on BF and have a lot of friends here, so I was hoping...

That's OK. Spark is right.

BF isn't broke so we shouldn't mess with it too much. I'm back to my senses.

Back