CREATIVE USES FOR YOUR KNIFE....GO!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by extrastout, Jul 21, 2019.

1. User27

User27

Apr 23, 2017
    I've used my Kershaw Knockout before as light duty pruning shears to trim off some long branches that were about a quarter of an inch thick.Open up the blade a little, put the branch in the closing path of the blade, wrap your fingers around the back of the blade
    and make sort of a closed fist.Be careful not curl your fingers inwards too much by the way,you dont wanna cut them:D.

jacksterp and extrastout like this.
  2. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    There's technique called tension cutting. I've cut up to over an inch diameter branches easily with this technique.

User27 and extrastout like this.
  3. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    This one time at band camp ...

GeofS likes this.
  4. Kaibab270

Kaibab270 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2019
    I use mine to deplete my bank account. And the occasional cutting task. I'm a simple man.

GeofS and FullMetalJackass like this.
  5. extrastout

extrastout Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Poking Carb Holes

[​IMG]

FullMetalJackass likes this.
  6. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    Not exactly what you asked for but :
    It holds my book open while I am reading at lunch. Page down to third photo here.
    LINK > > >

7. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther

Apr 27, 2019
    Let’s see here, I once trimmed my fingernails with a small Buck knife. I’ve stripped many wires with whatever knife I happened to have in my pocket. I’ve used a SAK classic as a holder for one side of a corn on the cob. I roughly shaved once with a mora companion

I often use the spine of a wider blade pocket knife (think like a griptillian or PM2) to open beer and coke bottles. I’m really good at it too. I can flick the cap all the way across the room.