Cripple Creek Banana Trapper

This fella is 5 1/4" closed with Strawberry Bone scales. Thought you guys might like to take a look at it.
Greg

Mckgreg, the bannana trapper is absolutly beautiful. If you don't mind me asking what are some of your tricks for taking such high quality pictures? Camera you use? Lighting? these sort of things. The last few pictures of Cripple Creek knives you posted were so clear on the fine details of the knives photographed. Most of the knives you post I'll probably never see first hand. thanks Shane Stone

Thanks Shane. Take a look in the Gallery in a thread titled No Frills Lighting. by Phil. There are a several different ways to get the right lighting and so on. Mostly it is searching for as much info as you can, know your camera and take a lot of pics. I probably only get 1 shot in 15 that I like. Photoshop, or some type of photo editing, is pretty handy too. Don't be afraid to ask questions that you might think sound stupid. They aren't. There is no quick formula. That was what I thought a while back and learned that patience was the key. I am still stumbling when it comes to picture takin' but I enjoy it. Glad you liked the knife.
Greg
One more thing, pay attention to what ever Coop tells ya about picture takin'.

Bastid

Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder.
Staff member
Super Mod
Great knife. Great photo. Great advice.
To me that knife has especiallly nice lines.

Nice knife, I've been carryin' my recently purchased Schrade Tenneessee River Trapper,(I'll spare you the picture, they're all over the forum) and it nice, no glares frome sheeple but admiring glances.

Knives like yours above remind me of what hand crafted was like, compared to CNC ground and milled perfection.

Lately I seem to prefer the warmth of a traditional knife made with traditional natural materials, my CRKT small Point Guard don't feel nowhere near as right in my pocket or my hand as does the Schrade Trapper, I just want to fondle and feel the knife, the lines, the curves, the dimples, the contrast between the warm bone scales and the cool nickle silver bolsters.

The Pointguard just feels efficient.

I think I'm going back to traditional knives for a while.

T., I don't think you are alone in returning to the traditional pocket knife.
Greg

nope, definitely not.
traditional pocketknives make me feel sexy.
almost as sexy as that banana trapper.
if the scales are strawberry bone, doesn't that make it strawberry-banana?
:)

hey greg, thanks for taking time to answer my questions. I noticed you pick up another bannana on ebay a couple of days ago. Do you have any info on this knife. It just seems it went a lot higher than i thought it would, but i still have a lot to learn about Cripple Creeks. Catch you later, Shane Stone