Criswell Swords

Back in the beginning of this century, Criswell posted here at BF a few times. He was received as somewhat ridiculed for not producing traditional work, despite the fact he had spent some time visiting Japan. His first batches had the ring pommel but he was soon doing the screwed on kashira.

The katana and wakzsashi were selling quite inexpensively and aside from the facts that Rob did his work through entirely stock removal, some nitwit seems to insist Rob was forging his stuff, even if only bending the curve. That is simply not so.

Cheers
GC

Trolling will catch up with Gardner in due time and he'll manage to exile himself all by himself. I would suggest simply not feeding any more of his nonsense, at least not responding directly. I am seeing him now only in quoted posts and my understanding was he had decided to ignore some of us. What could be a happier place then. While messy, there is no reason not to just post around him, or of him.

thats pretty typical of online metals, you can buy massive stocks of any shaped bar at 3 feet. You can get it directly from a mill in longer lengths, that just basically says he was unwilling to purchase a bar for a custom order. Im guessing a large batch purchase ect.

That said theres bend marks on some of the blades that shows it was bent hot. Some have it some have the perfectly concistant bend some dont, the blade in the picture was just given to show the bend mark, thats a garbage forge for fun peice.

That correction makes me rather sad but im still going with, keep criswell blades, hes a badass none the less.

Last edited:
You must be bored. You keep trying to back your argument when you have none

You're "jelly"? Man I only heard that expression when I hooked up with a 23 yr old chick here recently. You are showing your age and how much you don't know in regards. You were prob a kid in the 90s when I purchased Rob's swords. There was no buying "online" back then. What are your talking about?

Excuse me for troll feeding.

Born 1990 so that's about right. Slang is a silly thing. I found a small amount of insight in how to shape steel the first time holding one one of his blades that im now mistaken in assuming to be forged from the bend marks, so they will always be special to me.

the guy with 112 posts is telling us the guy with 6,416 posts is a noob lol :rolleyes:

Well to be fair, the vast majority of those posts are in W&C. :D

lmao have you seen his forge work? lol his machetes look like a baton.

I happen to like swords/machetes that are shaped like a curved stick. It works well for the alloys used and the blades' purpose.

UbgHpCZ.gif

See when you say curved stick I get an erection but then when I look its flat chested and fat, and I feel hurt inside.

Back