CRK "birthdates"

Just curious if anyone's CRK "birthdate" meant anything special to them?
After admiring them for some time, I just purchased my first Sebenza at a knife show in Janesville, WI this weekend. It is a small regular "In God We Trust" Sebenza with the S30V blade that I had been looking for. To my surprise and delight, when I got it home and read through the papers I found out that its birthdate was the same as mine; just an extra bonus of a great knife.
Wanted to know if anyone had a similar story.
Take care,
Wesley

Last December (or was it in Jan???) I placed an order for a small classic Mad. rosewood inlay. I ordered it direct because I wanted it to be "born" on my birthday (4/16) and have my last name engraved on it. I'll post pics of it when it arrives.

Talk about weird. Almost 3 years ago I bought my second Sebenza. It was a small regular decorated. I saw it on Knifeart.com and had to have it. Larry sent it right out to me. Upon opening the box and reading the born date discoverd it was in fact made on my 30th birthday. I was floored!:) I thought that was about the coolest thing. It holds special meaning and won't ever leave my collection.:)

I bought a regular "Blade Art" version in Oct. and it had a bod of 9-11-2001. Have since sold it although at the time I thought I would keep this one . Then I bought a woodie with Bocote wood and it had a bod of 9-10-2001. Just a couple of coindicences? Sold it also. My large leather inlaid Classic was born on 10-31-2001:barf: Not a Halloween fan by any means but I am keeping it. My large ironwood 2001 was born in May of 2001, but not any special date. Have a large wood inlaid Classic on order that should be ready by mid to the end of April. Now wouldn't that be something if it was born on 4-16? Just hope if it is it doesn't have Warriorsociologist hast name on it:eek: ;) :D

Originally posted by artsig1
Now wouldn't that be something if it was born on 4-16? Just hope if it is it doesn't have Warriorsociologist hast name on it:eek: ;) :D

...of course if it does, you will do the "right thing" and send it home to me....right??? ;) :D :cool:

I would love to have a Seb that was built on my birthday, But I don't think they made any in 1960!:D :p

Great stories!
This one was actually made on my 29th birthday, but still very cool. It is now my EDC, and one that I will never trade.
Wesley
It will have been my last great gift before I got OLD! (read: turned 30)
I shall now wear my flame retardant suit and run.:D

I have a large Classic with a DOB of 12-7-2001, 60 years to the day of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

I received my new Aviator last year with my BD of 3/27. Took a double take. Never sell that one!

I have an Mnandi with born on date of 9-10-01 (the day before the bad stuff happened).
I have been looking for one with my son's birthday on it but just can't find one. By the way, his birthday is this Sunday, March 31st.
michael

I bought a regular "Blade Art" version in Oct. and it had a bod of 9-11-2001. Have since sold it although at the time I thought I would keep this one .
:eek: WHAT!!! I wish I knew you were selling that one!!! :(

My large leather inlaid Classic was born on 10-31-2001:barf: Not a Halloween fan by any means but I am keeping it.
- I have a large plain with the same date :)

What is the big deal with 10/31???:confused: Not that bit of fun with crazy outfits and kids having fun?

My small wood sebi has two birth dates...:)

One with the BG-42 blade another with the Spiral Damascus blade.:)

My one and only Sebenza was born on my wife's birthday last year. While this did not seem to impress her very much, it did give me the push I needed to finally get one. Awesome knife.

I bought a Project I that had my birthday 3/29.

Thought it was cool for awhile, but I didn't use it so I sold it.

Some times I regret selling it, but not really.

Received a call from Bridget At CRK, and said my 2002 Woodie was ready, and the birth date is my Birthday 3-23-02 and to make it even more special it is my first choice of wood Box Elder. I can not wait for it to arrive. Hey Seaplane, i was born in 1960 also. :cool:

Back