CRK Filler Tab Help

Hey Gang....

Just picked up a small Sebenza off the exchange. The previous owner removed the pocket clip and put in a CRK filler tab. I want to put the clip back on and can't get the damn filler tab out.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, I’ve run into that with a clip that didn’t want to come out. Since you really don’t have anything to grab to, it’s a challenge. You can either drop a dab of penetrating oil around the edge and let it soak in, then try to grab it from the screw hole without damaging the threads. Or, take it apart, soak it in hot water and see if you can get to the edge of the insert from the back side, again without damaging the threads.
I believe that the edge of the insert probably has a burr on it and when it’s tightened down, it binds to the slab.

I tried removing the scale and going at it from the backside. The screw hole in the filler tab is larger than the screw whole in the slab itself.

Not way to push it out. Thanks for all the suggestions. I too thought the dental pick might be an option.

Thanks guys.... have tired all of these suggestions so far. Only thing Imhavent tried is epoxy and dental pick.

Both are up next.

I used a torch lighter for a very hot and precise flaming of just the filler tab which expanded it enough to break the years of pocket goo keeping it attached. Probably less than 5 seconds total with no anodization of the Ti
Good luck!

Find something that just fits in the hole of the filler tab. Could be something like a hex wrench..Apply lateral pressure to the end of that item and it should come out.

Thanks BHyde...

Tried that last night without any luck.

Reached out to CRK and they'll remove it free of charge. Might as well send it for a spa trip too.... Someone I won't mention may or may not have put a couple of scratches on it trying to get the damn thing out.

CRK also suggested that the tab hole might be at the smaller range of their specs and the filler at the higher end causing it to be overly tight.

Heard from CRK.

They are going to eemove the tab and offered to expand the insert area so the tab didnt fit so tight.

I declined as i will put the clip in it when it returns.

Having the spa treatment done and dual thumb studs put on it while its there.

The dual studs are mostly useless but look much better in my opinion.

And now the waiting begins.

Just out of curiosity -- what’s the waiting time for the dual thumb studs? I think I read somewhere that’s a long one.

Said removing the filler tab, spa treatment and thumb studs was a four to eight week turn.

4-8 weeks is there default quote. 8 is usually their top and they often come in earlier. Adding double thumb studs is a very simple job for them and hopefully you will get yours back sooner. Most of the time is just waiting your turn, so it all depends on how many are before you.

Back