1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Photos CRK Umnumzaan Thumb

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by DJ&S, Jan 10, 2020.

1. DJ&S

DJ&S Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2019
    Yep, I've opened that way several times and tried to flick it an equal amount. Now that's it's broken in a bit more both are pretty easy. Those first few days are what gave me the well deserved self inflicted damage to the thumb.

2. DJ&S

Dec 31, 2019

3. V-1

V-1

Apr 14, 1999
    I'd say cuts, nicks and scrapes are a part of the hobby.

DJ&S likes this.
  4. DJ&S

Dec 31, 2019
    Ha yeah I'd say I'm ok with that as a trade off. Slide bite and casing burns never kept me away from guns either.

5. BD_01

BD_01

Jun 9, 2016
    The two times I’ve acquired a new Umnumzaan my thumb has become quite sore.

This is my (unoriginal) break in routine.

1. Follow the instructions BB posted above.
    2. Remove the pocket clip (it adds a bit of tension to the lockbar)
    3. A fresh light coat of grease, including the detent ball tract.
    4. Adjust the pivot.
    5. When your thumb hurts, carry another knife for a few days.

In less than two weeks your Umnumzaan will be transformed from a thenar torture device into the Boss it’s destined to become.

Then of course you can put the clip back on and add a wisp of purple LokTite to the pivot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    jkwithawave and DJ&S like this.
  6. DJ&S

Dec 31, 2019
    Very nice, the tanto version is impressive. Thanks for the input, I wasn't sure if the ceramic ball was supposed to be left dry or it was ok to lube it a bit. Also hadn't considered removing the clip..I appreciate it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020