Crkt Big Sky Hunter/skinner...

I originally posted this in the fixed blade forum, but perhaps it will get more press here...
I'm a newbie here, but I want to firstly thank everyone for their willingness to share their knowledge and advice. I have recently become very interested in knives, and I am trying to build a collection, but beginning with knives for strictly utilitarian purposes first. My father was kind enough to buy a Spyderco Native for me while we perused a knife store searching for his birthday present. So, I have a decent, edc pocketknife. Now I'm searching for an inexpensive fixed blade to be an all purpose knife--skinning, chopping, prying, etc. I also don't want anything very large, preferably 8-10 inches overall, and something cheap in the event that I lose or damage the knife. I have looked at the Kershaw Echo, Benchmade Gamer, and the CRKT Big Sky series of hunters. Eknifeworks.com currently sells the "Big Sky" for 15.00 with sheath. To me it sounds like a good deal that I am fairly set upon. Does anyone have any experience with these knives? Can anyone offer advice?

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

rowdy27

BANNED
Kershaw Echo is full tang & Aus 8, CRKT is AUS6 with a short tang..
I have & like both, but the ECHO is way stronger & a tad smaller.
If ya got big paws & want a very light knife the Partner is fine.