CRKT Crawford/Kasper Folding Fighter

i agree, i'm very happy with the knife, especially the action. the only problem or complaint I have would be that when i got it, the clip was loose and would wiggle from side to side...my friend's Kasper does the same thing. but I tightened mine, and it's held strong.

I had that same problem. Not a problem to fix though. Great knife for the cash.
Matt

I have both of the CRKT C/K folders and yeah, they are pretty slick. The large one for me is just, well, large. I got the small one first and it was so cool I ordered the big one. For my hand it is just too heavy so maybe I'll find someone with an unwanted Voyager someday and swap. I too had problems with the clip screws, and in fact lost one the first day I had the knife. Carrie at CRKT fixed me up with a new one tho, and then some loc-tite fixed that problem. Personally I would like to see one sized between these two. Sweet knives.

Vet, here's a link to the Craford page about the KFF. Plenty of pics, including some stunning dress versions.

http://www.crawfordknives.com/html/kasper.html

Personally, i like the one at the very bottom of the page
biggrin.gif

James

------------------
My Home Page (writings)

The beast we are, lest the beast we become.

I had one and sold it. I found the scales much too slippery and the knife too heavy.

That said, I got a CRKT Point Guard and I like it a lot. The cutouts in the Zytel make a world of difference.

I got one- and had Jake Evans (BF member) to custom it a little bit for me ...

Trim down the scales, make a spyder-hole..Polish the blade...

Looks a lot better and feels better in the hand too.

Try it too - it makes the good CRKT even better..

I keep telling myself "I don't have any knife money, I don't have any knife money", and you guys aren't helping!
biggrin.gif

I've handled the large KFF twice in the past two days, and I just must have one. With the ergonomics of the handle, this knife comes as close to an extension of my hand as any blade I've held. Surprisingly large blade, and I'm impressed at the reviews and edge-retention tests posted on here. Add in the *price* of this knife (I've found the large one for $36!!), and how can you *not* get one?

Will post a review once I make this pretty blade mine.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RH:
Billious, do you have a pic of your customized piece?</font>

I do - but it will take me while to post it here.

maybe in a week or two.

I will email you the inage anyway when I can.

Maybe Jake has one?

FWIW, I have one of these and while it is a good knife overall, It has got the WORST lock than any other knife I own. Without using the lawks feature it WILL fail every time by just a light wack test. I plan to sell mine this summer at the flea mkt.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kdarmy:
FWIW, I have one of these and while it is a good knife overall, It has got the WORST lock than any other knife I own. Without using the lawks feature it WILL fail every time by just a light wack test. I plan to sell mine this summer at the flea mkt.</font>

cool-- let some unsuspecting fool chop off their fingers. Why not send it back to CRKT? My KFF is rock solid with or without the LAWKS-- something is obviously wrong with your knife. Why not get it fixed instead of selling it to someone who will (most likely) not know as much about knives as you and could end up getting hurt?

Back