CRKT Crawford Kasper Pro Model

Yet another new CRKT model! The Crawford Kasper Professional Model, a heavy duty version of the existing Crawford Kasper. Available in the same two sizes (pictured here are two of the smaller sizes), and they sport anodized aluminum handles. The blade steel has been upgraded to AUS-8. As with their Zytel handled brothers, the Pro Model also has the LAWKS safety for peace-of-mind use. The knife feels solid, yet is lightweight. Looks a lot like Pat's titanium handled customs. As usual, craftsmanship is top notch and locks are solid.

Dexter,

When is the large version to come out? And what is the weight difference between the zytel/AUS6 model and the aluminium/AUS8 model?

Thanks again.

Originally posted by Interloper
Dexter,

When is the large version to come out? And what is the weight difference between the zytel/AUS6 model and the aluminium/AUS8 model?

Thanks again.

JC - If I'm not mistaken, the large ones are out already. I'm planning on getting the biggie later on down the road. Based on feel, the aluminum ones feel lighter than the Zytel ones. The small aluminum one is pretty darn sweet, carries very well.

Dexter, in the picture you posted at the beginning of this thread, the handle on the top knife appears to be white, while the handle of the second is a very light gray.

Can you label or name the color of the handles? Not sure it makes a great deal of difference, but my abilities to get things dirty might dissuade me from buying something so white as the top knife appears to be.

A comparison is fine -- ie the the light gray of a pigeon's foot, or a bloodless cadaver, something like that would be fine.

Dexter,

Thanks for the quick reply. This looks like a knife that may have "birthday" written all over it. Depending on when the VG-10 Endura's ship.

Thanks again

Bugs - the reason why the two knives are of differing color is that the knife won't lay flat for the clip side scan, while the other one is sitting flat on the scanner bed (thus reflecting light a bit).

Both knives are of the same color: matte silver. The texture on the handles is something comparable to a heavy bead blast, it has a bit of texture to it. The matte silver contrasts well with the dark bead blast finish of the blade, screws, and Teflon coated clip.

Interloper - you're welcome. Let us know what you think of it if you get one :)

Thank you, Dexter. Am glad to hear it is more silver than grey.

Back