CRKT Hammond A.B.C.?

Anyone have any experiance with these? How does the AUS8 stand

Hammond All Bases Covered

CRKT Aqua and Operator

HAMNDABC.jpg

Looks like it would make a cool neck knife or a boot knife?

I am interested in the "operator" model for IWB carry or as a boot knife. I bought the M16-12Z last week and I am satisfied with it. It has sparked an interest in other CRKT products as well.

hi,

i got that knife and i don't like it as a cutting tool for a second. in my opinion the AUS-8 steel is the worst material i have ever owned for a knife which claims to be an *all bases covered* one. the AUS-8 just can't hold an edge - even worse - i'm just not able to get the thing sharpend to a satisfying level. i only have a spyderco tri angel sharpmaker, but usually i can all my knives give a razorsharp edge with it, except of the ABC. nevertheless, if you plan to use it as a neck or boot knife, i guess it's just fine for such a purpose. i also do like the sheath alot, because you can wear it in several positions (usually i wear mine horizontal on the belt on my back). the knife does also make a good job as a thrower, just for the most important part - serious cutting - it fails completely IMO.

regards, holger

The AUS8 was my concern as well. I really don't like that steel on knives. So far, every knife that I have used with it just cannot hold an edge. 440C does a better job holding an edge. I guess I'm spoiled too because I used 154CM/ATS34 on my "lesser" knives and S30V on my better ones...

Back