CRKT Ikoma Fossil

Just got in the large CRKT Ikoma Fossil plain edge and have to say I'm very impressed for a knife costing just under $55 shipped. Fit and finish is nearly impeccable (the blade is a hair off center closed) and the blade grinds are perfect except for a little variance at the very edge - but it's very sharp. The pocket clip is little tight but nothing to worry about. The most impressive thing is the IKBS bearing system. It's just super smooth and effortless to open. You want to make sure your fingers are out of the way, though, when closing. The blade caught the edge of my pinky the first time I closed it - the blade is relatively heavy and the IKBS lets it fall fast. The lock up is rock solid even though the lockbar looks thin and it unlocks easily. Though the blade steel is not remotely top tier it did come nice and sharp and if properly heat treated will hopefully retain the edge a reasonable time. Overall, a very nice knife for the money and not a bad deal if you want to try big folder with IKBS, as I did.

Yeah, this looks like a real nice knife.

I have been interested in it since I first read about it right before the 2014 SHOT Show.

I will be getting one soon, as I already have the previous Sampa, which is great, but a bit too small.

Just curious, do you know if it's from China or Taiwan? And where did you order it from?

It has to be from China because the blade steel is 8Cr13Mov.

If it was Aus-8, it would be from Taiwan.

Wow - very glad I didn't try for pictures. UnknownVT puts anything I would have taken to shame :rolleyes: Just look at his review of the small fossil and imagine bigger.

Back