CRKT K.I.S.S. made in Japan ...

Hi all,
Been away for a little while here, a little better now!

Hey, I just ordered the CRKT K.I.S.S. japan version from A.G. Russell. It is in their new catalog Fall 1999. It's supposed to be an A.G. Russell Exclusive made for them.
This K.I.S.S. is supposed to be a higher level CRKT knife than the made in Taiwan version. It has a better finish, better steel, and red CRKT marks on the blade instead of black so is stated. Comes with a clip blade instead of Tanto, too.

I haven't ever owned a K.I.S.S. knife before, was wondering how you like it? Anyone have both yet and can really see the differences between the Taiwan and Japan versions?

I won't be able to compare it to the Taiwan version being I don't have that one.

TIA,
Mark
AKTI Member #A000003
smile.gif

------------------
" Knife Collectors Are Sharp People! "

I've never seen a Japan-made KISS, but I do own a standart CRKT made in Taiwan KISS with tanto point. I do NOT use it as a main knife, but mainly as a cool money clip or small back-up cutting edge for utility. I don't generally favor tantos, esp. chisel-ground ones, but I like this knife, and the quality seems very good so far. So if there is an even better Japanese-made one, it must be pretty impressive.
Jim

I have a PECK, a wharncliffe bladed mini KISS, basically. Its nice, just no edge holding capability. I'd love to get a version with better steel and a more usable blade. I wholeheartedly reccomend it for a lightweight knife, also its darn near impossible to scare sheeple with it. (unless you learn to flick it like I do, then it seems to take a little more sinister tone.) Oh well, their problem not mine.
smile.gif

------------------
Just because I talk to myself doesn't mean I'm crazy. What's wrong with getting a second opinion?

I found the Taiwan KISS to be well made but I did not like the chisel grind. It does not cut straight.

Oh yeah one more thing. How much sense does a tanto point make on a short knife like this especially considering the handle? Are you going to do a lot of stabbing with this knife? I think a conventional point would have been better. Still, if you need a money clip that can double as a knife then this one is for you.

If any one wants to see a pic of it or the specs, I scanned the page it was on in this catalog, email me and I will send you the scan of it. Only here M-F 8am-4pm EST though!

Mark
AKTI Member #A000003
smile.gif

------------------

I bought one of the originals, mainly for the quality/Dollar and the coolness. Unfortunately, this is one of the worst knives ever made if you're left-handed. Way too easy for the lock to disengage if you squeeze too much. Really cool design though.

Ray

------------------
Knowledge without understanding is knowledge wasted.
Understanding without knowledge is a rare gift - but not an impossibility.
For the impossible is always possible through faith. - Bathroom graffiti, gas station, Grey, TN, Dec, 1988

AKTI Member #A000831

I love the K.I.S.S. I saw them all over the magazines etc. but finally got to handle one and the Blade Show @ Ed's table. I immediately picked up two. Ever since then, it hasn't left my pocket.

Ric

Welp, got them and returned them. Almost impossible to open one handed and VERY hard to open even with two hands. Very tight blade movement and small!

In my opinion, not worth the money.
Mark
AKTI Member #A000003

------------------

Back