• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

CRKT Point Guard: First Impressions

I got the full-sized one yesterday, plain edge.
First off, the liners on this one are nice and thick. The thickness of the locking liner, plus a good-sized ball dedent, ensure strong lockup and a solit closure.
The LAWKS setup on this model seems IMO to be more comfortable than the one on my small 3" CRKT KFF. In saber grip, keeping the thumb on the serrated portion of handle will ensure the LAWKS lever is out of the way.
This knife has a high hollow grind, yet doesn't feel flimsy. That means it is an efficient slicer. The handle is a bit skeletonized, yet no decrease in strength. The handle just feels right in the hand.

The pocket clip is a bit long, covering the length of over 2/3 of the handle. I would have preferred it a bit shorter, yet it isn't really any problem at all. Also, the thumb ramp leading to the opening disk might have been more easy had it been more pronounced...again, no biggie.

Looks like another winner. This is a real solid value for the $$.
Jim

I have found that almost any of the CRKT knives offer excellent value for the money. They are great sellers at the shows and seem to be great popular work knives.

------------------
Knives & Things
Mike Payne

I've become a real big fan of the CRKT KFF, and now I'm going to have to buy the Point Guard just to see the difference. OK... I'm rationalizing again
smile.gif

------------------
-Kevin
Oderint dum metuant
Riddler, Hoodlum, Bon Vivant.
The Polly Klaas Foundation

Back