1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

CrossCut: the BEST pocket scissors/mini-tool

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by storyville, Mar 26, 2000.

1. storyville

storyville

Aug 11, 1999
    Hi Ron,

Thought I'd support your forum by giving props to the CrossCut: again, the BEST mini-tool in its class.

If you use scissors regularly, as I do, the CrossCut is the sturdiest, most effective cutter in its size. The gear system and slightly contoured handles significantly improve control, cutting strength, and comfort over "the other guys.'"

The 3/16" (4.5 mm) wide tweezers actually *work*.

Equally, the single-cut file actually files. OK, so you may hardly (or never) use it; but if it's going to take up space, it might as well be functional (unlike those pebbled metal thingies).

So there. To the competition, the CrossCut says: eat my shorts.

One "modification" question, Ron. I know the CrossGrip comes w/a small Phillips screwdriver in lieu of the CrossCut's toothpick. Can these two tools be exchanged? If so, is it possible to purchase the screwdriver separately, or send in to your shop to have it swapped/added?

Thanks --
    Glen

------------------
    Thank me -- my posts make yours sound smarter.

2. Ron Andersen

Ron Andersen

Mar 23, 2000
    Hi Story,

Thank you for the kind comments about our CrossCut. It is always wonderful to hear from people who use our products in the field.

Regarding swapping the Phillips screwdriver and the toothpick, let me find out and let you know.

[email protected]

------------------
    Email: [email protected]

3. MICKEY77

MICKEY77

Nov 27, 1999
    I would have to agree, with him on that they are amazing, After my friends saw them, they went out and bought them, now 4 people went out of their way to buy them after they saw mine, they also make great gifts........

4. Ron Andersen

Ron Andersen

Mar 23, 2000
  5. storyville

storyville

Aug 11, 1999
    Thanks for the info, Ron. I’ve got some “pitpicky” follow-up questions (sorry!).

If I want the Phillips screwdriver, could I simply mail my CrossCut to you guys and have it exchanged (for a fee)? Or would I need to buy a CrossGrip and swap it on my own?

Also, since the screwdriver is a little narrower than the toothpick it would replace, would the gap need to be filled w/a spacer or mini-washer of some sort?

Thanks --
    Glen

------------------

6. Ron Andersen

Ron Andersen

Mar 23, 2000
  7. Cliff Stamp

Cliff Stamp Banned BANNED

Oct 5, 1998
    The most common complaint I have read about the CrossCut as compared to the Micra is that while the CrossCut will often outcut the Micra, it can bind on material the the Micra will cut smoothly. Glen have you had any problems in this area with the CrossCut?

-Cliff

[This message has been edited by Cliff Stamp (edited 04-05-2000).]

8. Ron Andersen

Ron Andersen

Mar 23, 2000
    Hi Cliff,

Our CrossCut is meant to cut paper as thin as toilet paper and is also tested on rubber bands. These two substances are true tests for binding while cutting.

SOG maintains an outstanding warranty policy. If the CrossCut will not meet these tests in the field, we will repair or replace it according to our warranty policy. Period.

I hope this helps in explaining our commitment to our quality control and backing up our products.

How has other people's experience been?

[email protected]

------------------
    Email: [email protected]

9. storyville

storyville

Aug 11, 1999
    I don't recall any problems w/binding w/my CrossCut. I picked it up after having two Micras (in 7 months) bind, due to the scissors loosening at the join. Leatherman replaced it both times, but I gave away the second after using the CrossCut for a while. The CrossCut's construction seems to keep its blades together more tightly, and has been more durable to date.

------------------