Crud !

I have never "Pre-Ordered" any knife before. So after owning my 0550,0560,and Cryo, and finding Rick Hinderer's designes to be exactly what I like in a folder, I was so stoked to get my hands on the Thermite, and CryoII, I pre-ordered both back in January. I do not have either one in hand yet !

Had I not pre-ordered them, I could have both in the mail, and comming at me at this moment. CRAP !!!

Now, having no idea of when these knives will ship to me, I have learned my lesson.:grief:

Thanks for the dry shoulders fellas, Dan.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder... Or is it madder? I can't remember. You know at roughly $40 each it wouldnt break the bank to have more than one of each ;)I want both of the knives as well but I just ordered myself a zt301 so, even though they are priced extremely well, it may be awhile until I get my hands either of them.

I'm so close to preordering my ZT 0560BW but it's threads like this that make me hesitant. Just so worried that I'm gonna miss the first batch or pay a higher price than what I can preorder it for now! Decisions, decisions!

hey smurf... do what I do... preorder, buy when they are available... then end up with 3! (then hide two and tell your wife that the one cost twenty bucks)

uuhhh. Let me help you out.

step 1. Buy knife you have on preorder anyway.

Step 2. Cancel existing preorder

step 3. Be happy your getting it sooner than later and realize a preorder is not a guarantee but rather a safety net in case you cant find one in short order.

Edited to add: I just realized you may be in between a rock and a hard spot as some dealers require non refundable deposits at which point you have to ask yourself is what is more important. Owning it now for the $5 sacrifice or getting it latter and not losing 20%. Its a much easier decision when the knife is more expensive.

I don't really see a point in pre-ordering full production knives. It gives you the chance to scour a whole bunch of sites instead of waiting for just one site to get them and it's a full production knife so it's not like you'll lose out on getting one, you might just have to wait a little bit.

hey smurf... do what I do... preorder, buy when they are available... then end up with 3! (then hide two and tell your wife that the one cost twenty bucks)

I remember hearing about a guy on the forums recently who did that and told his wife one of his $100+ knives cost $10. Somehow it ended up in her bag while going to the airport and she just threw it in the garbage so she could get through security. He got a, whats the big deal the knife only cost you $10?

Moral of the story, keep your knives all in one place like a tool chest that locks so they can't escape.

I remember hearing about a guy on the forums recently who did that and told his wife one of his $100+ knives cost $10. Somehow it ended up in her bag while going to the airport and she just threw it in the garbage so she could get through security. He got a, whats the big deal the knife only cost you $10?

Moral of the story, keep your knives all in one place like a tool chest that locks so they can't escape.

I used to drop a zero, but my GF quickly figured out why I would buy 2 knives and eat Ramen all month. I only spent $80!!! Haha.

I never misrepresented the cost of a knife to the wife. Back when I was buying 75-150 dollar knives on a regular basis, I might have danced around the exact cost of the knife but now that I have moved to buying customs much more infrequently, there's no point in dancing around the topic.

well... I stand corrected... she actually doesn't ask me about my knives, and basically because she doesn't care...

marriage... an institution for those who belong in an institution...

Back