CS 6" Ti-lite's now in AUS8?

figured this'd be the best place to put this question. Just noticed the other day at my shop that our 6" Ti-lite's state on the tang that they're AUS8 blade steel! Anybody know if they plan on utilizing the better steel or if it's a misprint or something? Noticed this at the same time that we got the 154CM Benchmade Griptillians, so our last shipment was kinda neat :)

My 440A zytel tilite has a "rounded" grind transition near the choil whereas the titanium versions have a straight "line" near the choil. Same goes for the swedge grind. In a new catalog I received in the mail they showed a zytel tilite with the titanium versions blade grinds. I assume they are now just putting that blade in all the models and scrapping the 440A. Now I wish I had waited longer to get one since I got mine for Christmas. My XL Voyager with AUS8 is a far better steel by comparison.

Hey Tanto Fiend: since you have the new Cold Steel catalog, would you mind passing on the info for a new Cold Steel folder called the AK-47?

I know that it has a 6" aluminum handle with a 4" AUS-8A blade. But I haven't seen any pictures of it or any other info so far. Thank you for your help!

Back