CS American Lawman G10 vers

Ankerson

Knife and Computer Geek
Weight 4.6 Ounces
3.25" blade
.135" thick

Solid Hard use knife, Tri-Ad lock, excellent F&F, great value in a hard use folder.

Video will be up later tonight or tomorrow.

Man... I yearn for one of these.

Ankerson , in your opinion the knife can be fully taken apart ? It looks so from the pics , I would want to clean my blade up when I score one.

Thanks !

Tostig

oh and thx for the post !

Man... I yearn for one of these.

Ankerson , in your opinion the knife can be fully taken apart ? It looks so from the pics , I would want to clean my blade up when I score one.

Thanks !

Tostig

oh and thx for the post !

I don't think it would be a problem at all. :) :thumbup:

I can't bring myself to like this knife. The only thing special about it is the lock. Other than that, it's too wide, the clip sucks (problem is compounded by the texture of the G10), the ergos are in the middle of sucks and rocks...

But I guess it is a good piece for the price.

Video:

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8qoxdnFn2w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8qoxdnFn2w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I can't bring myself to like this knife. The only thing special about it is the lock. Other than that, it's too wide, the clip sucks (problem is compounded by the texture of the G10), the ergos are in the middle of sucks and rocks...

But I guess it is a good piece for the price.

This is the new version. ;)

Major improvements all the way around...

I know. This is the one I handled, same one as in your pics.

It fits my hand perfect, not blocky like the last one with the liners. ;)

The G10 is a little agressive though

It's one tough folder to be sure, I lightly took some sand paper to the scales. Works great! :D

I only handled the one with steel liners and I really liked the feel of it. Didn't feel blocky to me.

It fits my hand alright. Like I said, it wasn't horrible nor excellent for me.

I would have actually liked to see liners on this one as well. I like to see liners on all folders.

I have to say, though, that this knife felt TOUGH AS HELL. I also liked the way the lock engaged. It doesn't feel like a traditional back lock at all, and I think the retention when it sucks the blade back into the handle is a lot stronger.

It's a good design, but I think there is a lot of room for improvement.

It fits my hand alright. Like I said, it wasn't horrible nor excellent for me.

I would have actually liked to see liners on this one as well. I like to see liners on all folders.

I have to say, though, that this knife felt TOUGH AS HELL. I also liked the way the lock engaged. It doesn't feel like a traditional back lock at all, and I think the retention when it sucks the blade back into the handle is a lot stronger.

It's a good design, but I think there is a lot of room for improvement.

There is always room for improvement in just about any folder. :D :thumbup:

i just ordered one of these, i plan on removing the black coating on it and sanding down the handles. i also ordered a recon bowie, and will be removing the black coating and sanding that one that as well.

My only issues with the knife as mentioned:
Pocket Clip - It looks supremely dinky, like they ran out of large clips and stuck what should have been on the Mini Lawman in this thing instead.
Choil - The forward are that was going to be a choil, use at your own risk.
I don't follow Cold Steel enough to know how often they make updates to their models, but a larger clip and the addition of a real choil would make this knife even better. The ergos are ok, and the G10 is awesome for wet hands or even gloves. My pocket hates the G10 with a passion. I like this knife overall.

This is one of the only 2 cold steel knives that I really want to get (the other is the trailmaster). I love the feel of the grippy G10, and I absolutely love the Tri-Ad lock. I tried one of these at a local store, and its absolutely great, my vision of the perfect hard-use (not perfect edc or cutting) folding knife with the exception of the blade not being S30V. Unfortunately, I cant really afford any knives now.

Aus8 is still a very good steel however, and holds an edge fine and Jankerson proved in his vids.

I had a chance to put my hands on one of these today. Seems like a great knife. I liked the way it fits in my hand, but I do have large paws. I may have to go back and pick one up.

Adam

Back