CS Recon Scout Fails Miserably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite this thread being pretty old, I read alot of good comments and learned a few new things too!

Does anyone know if CS ever fixed the issue with stress risers on their current RS' and TM's? I got me an SK5 TM a few days ago and after reading this thread, it makes me a tad hesitant to baton with it especially during the cold season (though I suppose I better anyways that way I'll at least have some knowledge of what kind of use the knife will take).

giveup.gif
other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif
giveup.gif

I have owned two of the first 300 Battle Mistresses ever made. I have owned many Cold Seel products. I have owned many, many different brands of cutlery. One thing I can say is, I have had more Cold Steel failures than all other makers combined. Period. Failures include; Trail Master, LTC kukris (x2), Vaquero Grande folder, Kobun. All of that said, for the price, I think the voyagers are worth it if you don't want to spend much on a knife. YMMV but not much :)

below is the Cold Steel mission statement from their website
so, you CS lovers... prove it :cool:

About Cold Steel
Cold Steel, Incorporated was founded in 1980, a company dedicated to making the strongest, sharpest knives in the world.

This being an old thread, I still want to state an observation that I'm not sure if anyone else noticed or mentioned: that log seems to be a hardwood type that's already hard to break in first place even by ax. Then there's the big chunk the knife was trying to break into that also happened to have a knot in the wood.

Small wonder it broke during a winter day.

I broke my Cold Steel SRK too. The cross section of the steel looked really powdery, like it was cast pot metal.

Man, I'm sorry, I just noticed the date on this thread. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back