CS Viet Nam Hawks

just got three new ones in - they look excellent.

we are going to order some Trail Hawks soon direct from Cold Steel to see if they got them back on line - they said they wouldn't have a new batch until next February last time we spoke, but i am not sure that that is so - the Trail Hawks nor the Norse Hawks weren't up to standard on the last batch we ordered - they were twisted a little too much for my tastes - from the heat treatments i reckon.

these VNs are spot-on though.

yay!

thought you might like to know, in case you are on the fence about Cold Steel.

vec

I've been on the fence about the Vietnam Tomahawk for quite some time, heard the steel structure was unreliable and sometimes weak and the handle was too short for maximum momentum when chopping...

If the tolerances are good I think it would be a very nice addition to my kit, I suppose. Maybe I'll pick one up sooner or later...

I've been on the fence about the Vietnam Tomahawk for quite some time, heard the steel structure was unreliable and sometimes weak and the handle was too short for maximum momentum when chopping...

If the tolerances are good I think it would be a very nice addition to my kit, I suppose. Maybe I'll pick one up sooner or later...

well in my opinion, the stock handle on the CS VN, and others like it, does absolutely suck.

but I think that is true for most handles. :D

i haven't seen any metallurgical issues yet with Cold Steel hawks that i have handled.

i think Mr. LaGana probably made the head so massive because of the short handle/stowability trade.

i intend to do something about that ASAP.

vec

IMO the cold steel version is a complete failure as far as the handle attachment is concerned. The dimensions are good. The short handle makes it quicker in the hand. However, the attachment to the head is too weak. I know it is too weak to throw, and I would imagine it is too weak foe dependable heavy use. The head is just fine as it is.

Back