1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Curiosity question, what knife will you always own?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by salduchi, Aug 8, 2018.

1. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Knife that I will ALWAYS own? Basically.... all of them as I never sell knives. I'm open to selling some things, but too lazy about actually doing it. But to answer your question, always will own a Vic SAK since I pretty much always carry one in my pocket.

Added: The thing is always can be a long time and interests, wants, and needs change. 30 years ago, I doubt I would have said that I will always own a Vic SAK. But today, I will always own one and more than likely carry one day to day.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. GronK

GronK Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 1, 2001
    After years of buying and selling and selling off everything twice when unemployed I am retired now and will hold on to and enjoy what I have, a nice selection of traditionals and moderns many of which are still new in the box, never used. I will add one every year or so when something exceptional comes along (looking at you, Native Chief!) but am basically content with what I have.

3. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    I think I would always keep a Small Sebenza (likely my Micrata Inlay), my Chuck Richards Counselor 2.0 and probably my Umnumzan or CF Large Inkosi. I have a lot of other knives that I love and don't plan to sell but these three knives could satisfy me going forward if I had to liquidate most of my collection.

halden.doerge likes this.
  4. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I will always have a Delica 4 FFG. I've been carrying a variation of the Delica for decades.

A SAK Cadet will always be on my key chain.

Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter. Great knife for the price and an ideal size for me.

Grateful likes this.
  5. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    I think I will always have at least one Buck 110 around and I can’t imagine not carrying some kind of SAK.

6. tony281sc2

tony281sc2

Feb 13, 2017
    I cannot imagine not having at least 1 ZT 0452 in my collection. It was my first ZT, my first “expensive” knife, and I immediately fell in love with it. If I could only keep 5 knives, 4 of them would probly be 0452s!

7. Landshark99

Landshark99 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2007
    My Shiro custom division 95T
    [​IMG]

Mrgauth and DCFree like this.
  8. Micah Stephens

Micah Stephens Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Dec 14, 2018
    As of now, I would say I will always have an xm-18.

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  9. YellowSwiss

YellowSwiss

Sep 28, 2015
    Victorinox Huntsman....or some model of SAK.

The Zieg and Grateful like this.
  10. mt666tm

mt666tm

Nov 20, 2012
    I will always have a CQC-7B of some sort. Id pick No-wave as it's more practical, but a waved version is cool too. It's just a perfect all around utility knife for my needs and handles anything I throw at it.

I prefer vintage for EDC as they have thin Ti liners and backspacer.
    [​IMG]

Cscotttsss likes this.
  11. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    Even though it isn’t my most used or carried knife, I would choose a Sm Sebenza because, IMO, it’s the best do-all knife. Great blade, good ergos, ideal materials, exceptional build quality, unobtrusive, unassuming & wonderful design.

12. Bluearcflash

Bluearcflash

Feb 10, 2014
    I always have an ESEE Izula with me or near me, currently a Damascus version with Paracord wrap.

CanadaKnifeGuy likes this.
  13. riversidedep

riversidedep Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Buck 110 for a folder and a Randall Model 14 for fixed.

14. marsturm

marsturm Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2008
    I will always have a SAK, either a Recruit or Farmer, depending on semi-formal or casual dress.

15. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    All my Microtechs will stay.

16. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    Sadly mine was a turd. The G-10 around the pivot screw was all buggered/poorly done by the factory which over time caused side to side blade play. I ultimately gave the knife away.

17. CanadaKnifeGuy

CanadaKnifeGuy Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 27, 2019
    I'll always have a BK-14 on me, with the exceptions of sometimes when I'm on a boat, in a swimming pool or on a developed Caribbean island, in which case I'll have a Spyderco H1...

In the water, I'll always have a proper dive knife. 3.5" blade and a proper sheath located at 12:00 on the belt.

18. Edgy 1

Edgy 1

Jun 2, 2019
    Will always have a Kershaw Leek of some iteration. Got my first in 2006 and it’s well worn but performs as well as when I got it.

19. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Sorry to hear you got a lemon mate, it happens from the factory tho, i've had lemon Sebenzas...2 of them actually. If you get a recon without defects it will outlive you for sure, I have one thats been used on the daily for work over 10 years running, and it's as solid as the day it arrived, it gets some pretty rough treatment.

20. machineseventeen

machineseventeen

Apr 10, 2019
    Buck 110 & Boker Camp Knife . . . others come and go like fashion