Current Problem with SEARCH

5K Qs

Gold Member
I've done some "experimenting" with the SEARCH function in the past couple of days, and it doesn't return any posts more recent than Sunday, May 8, as far as I can tell.

Is the "tech support department" aware of this? Has anyone else noticed this glitch?

- GT

I've done some "experimenting" with the SEARCH function in the past couple of days, and it doesn't return any posts more recent than Sunday, May 8, as far as I can tell.

Is the "tech support department" aware of this? Has anyone else noticed this glitch?

- GT

What are you searching for and how are you doing it? (As in keywords, the entire forum or a specific forum, specific threads, basic search vs advanced ect)

I just did a couple searches and it pulled up posts from well before the 8th. However, it doesn't seem to give results in chronological order.

What are you searching for and how are you doing it? (As in keywords, the entire forum or a specific forum, specific threads, basic search vs advanced ect)

I just did a couple searches and it pulled up posts from well before the 8th. However, it doesn't seem to give results in chronological order.
Right, SEARCH finds posts from May 8 and before, but doesn't seem to show anything from the past 3 days.

I originally was searching a specific thread (Guardians of the Lambsfoot) for posts made by a specific member (me), because I wanted to go back to one of the most recent posts I'd made in that thread. But it didn't give me anything since a post I made on Sunday, and I knew there were more recent ones.

I then tried it in a different thread, again checking posts I had made, and again, nothing newer than Sunday.

Then I tried it for the entire Traditional subforum, searching for posts from a prolific member who had posted frequently since Sunday, but none of those most recent posts for that member were returned either.

That's the extent of my experiments so far.

(The "not in chronological order" bug has been around since the last Blade Forums software upgrade. I think that affects only keyword searches, but not searches by member within a thread. I sure wish that could be fixed as well.)

- GT

Right, SEARCH finds posts from May 8 and before, but doesn't seem to show anything from the past 3 days.

I originally was searching a specific thread (Guardians of the Lambsfoot) for posts made by a specific member (me), because I wanted to go back to one of the most recent posts I'd made in that thread. But it didn't give me anything since a post I made on Sunday, and I knew there were more recent ones.

I then tried it in a different thread, again checking posts I had made, and again, nothing newer than Sunday.

Then I tried it for the entire Traditional subforum, searching for posts from a prolific member who had posted frequently since Sunday, but none of those most recent posts for that member were returned either.

That's the extent of my experiments so far.

(The "not in chronological order" bug has been around since the last Blade Forums software upgrade. I think that affects only keyword searches, but not searches by member within a thread. I sure wish that could be fixed as well.)

- GT

Sorry about that. Your post was very clear and yet I somehow read it completely wrong. Whoops.

Yep, the search is indeed doing that. I tried it a different way as well (clicking a users message count after clicking their name) and it's not pulling the recent posts.

Better let the bossman know.

Spark Spark

Sorry about that. Your post was very clear and yet I somehow read it completely wrong. Whoops.

Yep, the search is indeed doing that. I tried it a different way as well (clicking a users message count after clicking their name) and it's not pulling the recent posts.

Better let the bossman know.

Spark Spark
Thanks for the confirmation! I appreciate it. :thumbsup::cool:🤓

- GT

Advanced search gets around that quirk/bug. Just make sure to select Date under "Order by" on the "Search threads" tab.

To take this just a bit further, utilizing the Your Content "button" doesn't show posts made after the 8th, nor does clicking on the post count.
Spark Spark

Investigating

Ok search engine had issues and needed index rebuilt. It's rebuilding now. Expect weirdness for a bit

Yep, search is overall still sketchy, tried searching using the Advanced section but did not pull up the following criteria
Subject: Civivi
By: Gary W. Graley
After: May 1, 2022
Exchange: search sub forums
Sort by Date
Show as threads

that just showed one that was relisted but not the one that it sold in, had to manually cycle through the pages to locate it. It missed this thread that was not too long ago

G2

Back