custom folder

What blade steel are they using on the folder?
ATS 34 or BG 42
Mike

------------------
BUCKNELL

I believe you can order yours for ATS-34 or BG-42. Depending on your choice.

Mine came in BG-42, and when I ordered it, I was under the impression that there was no choice, but I could be wrong. Awsome knife, If you like Striders, this is a must have.
biggrin.gif

My local STRIDER dealer told me about the steel choice. So I guess It depneds on customer.

BH,
Tell us more about your folder, please.
How it feel in your hand?
How about the finish? Any detail please.
Yes, I'm waiting the folder too but I think I'm on the end of list.
smile.gif

Well The folder feels pretty good, it is HUGE! It's not the most ergonomic handle, but Mick touched on his feelings on ergonimics
wink.gif
. The handles on the custom have rounded edges, unlike the buck version, and the blade is a Tiger Stripe finish. The Pivot is very unique, must be seen to understand, it is very massive. Liners are very thick. Pocket clip is like the buck, but is screwed into the liners, rather than in inserts in the G-10. It is VERY sharp. I like the knife alot. It rides very well in the pocket for such a big folder. I only wish that it would have came with a sheath for belt carry. It is marked on one side STRIDER, with the SN # under that, and on the other is the logo with the BOS flame and BG-42. I have yet to give it any hard use, I've only opened up a couple of plastic bags with it.
biggrin.gif

BH, what could one expect to lay out for this?
email is fine.
TIA

------------------
Buck Collectors Club Member # 572
Dedicated ELU
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)

Back