custom knives needed......Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for custom knives made by Robert (Bob) Shrewsbury
from Gilbert, AZ. This is my father who passed away three years ago
this November. I used to attend all of the knife shows with my father
throughtout the united states. It would mean so very much to me if I could at least find one of his knives. Please contact me by e-mail if you have any information on the where abouts of one of his knives.
Thank you so much.
Brendi

I'll keep my eyes out for some. Did your dad have a certain style of knives that we can clue in on?

My dad made pocket knives and other standard knives with the holders.
I am not sure on style names but I know that he made knives with all sorts of different handles including ones that were scrimshawed on. One sticks out in my mind. I think it was an deer handle with scrimshaw on it. I hope this helps. It has been a very long time since I was with him on his shows so I don't remember a whole bunch. Thanks for all your help.

Brendi,

Welome to Bladeforums. It sure would make me feel good to know you had one of your Dad's knives again! I remembered an organization and I did a quick search:

http://www.arizonaknifecollectors.com/

The folks in here are from the area your Dad sold to, and I suspect *someone* may have an idea of the whereabouts. Try there too.

Please keep us posted if you've found something, and I wish you good fortune!

Coop

Brendi,
Give OL D'Alton Holder a call he has been around Arizona since dirt. Has been the president of AKCA for years. He will either know about it or point you in the right direction.
623-878-3064

The person who started this thread in 2003 was last seen...in 2003.
And selling, or arranging sales requires a Gold membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back