Custom made chefs knife

Who knows of a custom maker who can make a chefs knife, in under 6 weeks. I need it before Christmas. Is this possible?

You know I want it to perform, so we could leave that out, but the other thing, it has to be pretty. I would prefer a temper line(hamon), carbon steel, wood, or bone handle. Its a present, so I want it to look nice.

Does anybody know a smith that could hammer this out, in less then 6weeks? And not cost more then %250. Probably priced myself out??

I would definitely second Keith's recommendation of getting in touch with Daniel Koster. He does great work, and I know that he can do everything that you are looking for in the price range that you are looking for. I don't know if he can get it done within 6 weeks for you, but I don't think it'd hurt to ask.

I'm not sure what he charges, but am pretty sure that he is VERY reasonable.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

I've been waiting longer than six weeks for a Daniel Koster kitchen knife, but maybe he'd take pity on you and get it to you before Christmas.

Though your time is getting shorter, there is another maker that hangs around Bladeforums that might be able to help you. His name is Brian Goode and he goes by the user name blgoode.

shinichi watanabe. No hamon, but freaking deliciously sharp.

I think Dan's waiting time is long since he hurt his finger. I'm still awaiting my jungle parang although like Larrin says, maybe he likes you better :D :p

A lot of Koster Santokus have been on sale here, you could probably still grab one on the forums now.

I do batches of santokus here and there and do, in fact, plan on having a set finished around Christmas time. For more info on how I do orders, check out http://www.kosterknives.com/orders.htm

Larrin - yours is being heat-treated (Paul Bos)

spyken - all forging orders got shelfed because of my injured thumb...though I will probably pick it back up this winter now that it's cooled down.

northman - sign up on my mailing list to get updates/special deals/etc. (link below)

The "burst" of sales I had a few weeks ago was literally months of work (I'm only part-time) that I had kicking around...decided to sell it all for the hog hunt (www.hogsnknives.com) I wish I could make 'em that fast...maybe if I went full-time...:D...

Back