• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Custom mods for multi-tools

Do any of you knife makers do custom mods on multi-tools? I'm thinking of things like unscrewing a PST II and replacing the factory blade with a D2 (or INFI
smile.gif
) drop point, making the file detachable, replacing a screwdriver with an awl or chisel . . . things like that.

Everybody else: Would there be a market for custom multi-tool upgrades?

------------------
I don't want my children fed or clothed by the state, but I would prefer THAT to their being educated by the state.

There is an article on equipped.com about someone that replaced the partially serrated blade on his PST II with a plain blade from a Case pocketknife. He also made the file removable.

------------------
Frank
jqsurf@worldnet.att.net

I don't think they normally do this sort of thing, but Leatherman did do a special PST for me with the punch replaced with a T20 Torx driver. This enabled me to win a bet that I couldn't take apart a product being made at the company I worked for with only my Leatherman. You can imagine the look on our mechanical engineer's face when I whipped out my PST with a balisong style opening (which can be seen on my website) and produced a T20 driver.

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.4cs.net/~gollnick

Chuck, you are my new Hero
smile.gif

Before they offered the current attachments a fellow from San Diego used to make his own kits and sell them when he toured with bands. Same set up now offered by the companies, adapter and selection of bits. One of these kits helped a Hand win a similar bet at the Old Globe, but it was called a draw because it wasn’t SOE. I thought he should have won.

------------------
~James
San Francisco, CA

Back