Custom Multi Tools

I guess this question might sound a bit silly or may have been beat to death already, but I'm curious if Leatherman or other major multi tool manufactors have ever allowed folks to custom order multi tools? I've heard tell of SOG making tools for Paladin, Harley Davidson, etc. (big customers), but never for a single order. As I'm sure just about everybody who enjoys multi tools are, I've got likes and dislikes about every single name brand multi tool I own. I've always thought it'd be great to be able to combine exactly which features and blades and such to create that oh so elusive "perfect" multi tool.

:eek: I don't beleive any of them would make a custom for an individual. With SAKs there are modders who make special combinations but I don't know if anyone does that for any multis.

Gerber used to offer custom multitools where you could choose packets of tools for each handle and different colors for the handles. IIRC, each packet of tools was pretty much the same as Gerber used on the standard models. I don’t know if Gerber sells individual tools, but you can swap tools from one Gerber to another.

SOG’s are designed to be taken apart and SOG dose sell a limited selection of extra tools so that you can customize them yourself.

- Frank

I've looked on the SOG website for info on ordering replacement parts. Other than calling customer service, is there someway to see a list of available parts and their prices?

SOG’s 2003-3 retail order form lists a saw, scissors and a line cutter for $7.95 each and a ¼” drive for $6.50.

Best to call SOG to find what the current accessories/prices are.

- Frank

Back