Custom Order Thread 2019 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Chris, will a poon tip modification affect the pricing, and what would the invoicing and work completion time frame be on for the knives you are still ordering steel for?

Also, could you edit the post to show what's left that's claimable?

Hey Chris, will a poon tip modification affect the pricing, and what would the invoicing and work completion time frame be on for the knives you are still ordering steel for?

Also, could you edit the post to show what's left that's claimable?

No extra charge for the poon tip modification.

If I have to order the steel, the knives in the second category. I anticipate sometime in January for completion. I will order the steel later this week or early next and start on those in tandem with what I already have available (First Category) About 90 blades total machined out and ready for heat treat around a dozen of each. Plenty left! Whatever is left over out of those 90 or so will get handles with makers choice and be offered up on my website or sent out to one of my authorized dealers from now until late winter.

My average output is about 25-30 knives a month. My goal is to not have any orders outstanding longer than 90 days, but I will not promise a hard delivery date until your knife is near completion. You will be able to track the progress of your build in the custom order thread like the other orders and I am always available to give updates. Via pm, or email.

I hope this helps answer your questions and gives you an idea of my game plan. Please direct any future questions to PM or the Osprey Mung Thread. I wanted to keep this clear for just orders.

I have updated the top of the page with everyone's orders so far. I have a few more I need to fill in that came in Via PM. If no one else claims a spot by sometime tonight when I decide to go to bed. I will not re open my books again until sometime next year. I will lock the thread and will start working on these this week.

If you have already made a selection, and I have confirmed your order you should receive your invoice this afternoon. Please make sure you have PM'd me with the email address you want to be invoiced at.

Thank you to everyone who has claimed a spot. It was exciting to see everyones choices and I look forward to building these for you all.

Everyone should have received their invoice and been able to overlook it and make the minimum required deposit.

I have updated the top of the thread with everyone's order and the status of their invoice. I will start organizing myself and the orders today and into tomorrow. Ordering the few pieces of handle material and steel needed that is not on hand. I will have an update sometime late this week or weekend with what is being built and what is pending. This will look like the invoice (colored coded word indicator) but separate.

I will be finishing up about half of these this week, most of everything in 3/32'' will be getting finished up, with the 1/8'' right behind it along with a few others being caught up on.
I have updated the color coded progress board at the top of this post as well.
Updates Monday on the Custom Order Work in Progress Thread.

Last edited:
Okay everyone, I appreciate everyones patience while I got the shenanigans I have been dealing with the last several weeks behind me.
Here is a list of what will be completed this weekend, all thats left on these dozen or so is final grinds, guards, marking and sharpening.
I plan on having these finished up this weekend and in the mail on Monday or Tuesday. I will post completed pictures up this weekend too!
If you would like to see some preview pics before then head over to my Instagram account and you will be able to see your knives in one of the posts.

• (Some of you ordered multiple knives, If I have only completed part of your order then, you will only be required to cover the portion of the completed knife or knives.)
  • (I have a few individuals that have mutliple knives ready)
If you have any questions please send me an email here on Bladeforums, Again I appreciate everyones patience.
I will start glueing up most of the rest of what remains next week and anticipate have those completed mid month.

@fatboyclone -
Mamushi with Desert Ironwood Burl w/ 6k weave Carbon Fiber Bolster

@Switchback275 -
Warthog with Desert Ironwood Burl Bolster over Nattural with Aged Ivory Paper Micarta w/ Incorperated Black G10 accent Liner

@NoRest -
Trail Hand and EDU with Buckeye Burl over Natural with Blue accent liner

@jb33 -
1.) Warthog with Box Elder Burl over Natural with White accent Liner,
2.) Warthog Commando KOA

@Oyster -
EDU with Ironwood Burl over Black with 6k weave Carbon Fiber

T Twisted Forest
1.) Warthog OD green Canvas Micarta over Natural
2.) Natural Canvas Micarta with Yellow accent liner

Last edited:
@fatboyclone-
Mamushi, Desert Ironwood Burl, 6k carbon fiber bolster, black G10 liners, carbon fiber pins and lanyard tube

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

@Switchback275
Warthog Guardless Variant - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang with DIW burl bolster and aged ivory paper micarta with natural liners. Pins, pinstripes and lanyard tube are maker’s choice.

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

@NoRest
#1 Trailhand-3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang
Buckeye Burl over natural liners with blue pinstripes natural pins and natural lanyard tube

#2 EDU- 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang
Buckeye Burl over natural liners with blue pinstripes natural pins and natural lanyard tube

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

@jb33
#1 Warthog Guardless – 3/32” CPM154 Tapered Tang
Box Elder Burl over Natural with Blue G10 accent liners
Natural Antique Micarta Pin and Lanyard Tube
(Makers discretion based on wood between blue, lime green or white pinstripes)

#2 Warthog Guardless – 3/32” CPM154 Tapered Tang
Presentation Grade Koa commando (no liners)
Natural Antique Micarta Pin and Lanyard Tube

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

More Coming.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back