Custom scales for 710?

Does anyone know of someone who will make custom scales for my 710?

I absolutely love this knife. It is definitely one of my favorite folders. The only problem I have with it is the G10 scales. They are certainly functional (I love the ergos and design), but to me they feel too cheap and plastic-y. When you rub them lightly, or tap them, they have that thin plastic feel and sound. I know I'm probably being stupid, but I want the perfect knife to feel perfect as well.

I love spyderco's G10, such as the scales on my Mini Manix, or the Military. If I could get G10 like that on my 710, it would be perfect.

Is there anyone out there that can do this?

Search for chax knives on yahoo. His stuff looks good. Also, STR, a member here might be able to help you out too. Not sure if he uses g-10 though.

I just checked out chax knives. They look perfect for what I want. Their website hasn't been updated for 2 years though. Are they still doing business? I just sent for a quote. We'll see if I get a reply. Carbon fiber scales on my 710 is making me drool.

I contacted him about a year ago just to check on some prices. Seemed reasonable, but I never had any work done. You can also check out STR. He's got his own forum in the makers area. I know I've seen him use micarta, titanium, and wood for handles. -I'm not a fan of benchmades g-10 myself. Good luck with it.

attachment.php

Just got a reply from Chax knives. They are indeed doing business. The prices sound good enough for me. Looks like I will be sending it in soon.

Back