• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Custom Sebenza Blade

MPE

I am looking for a knifemaker to manufacture a custom blade for a Large Regular Plain Sebenza.I would like the blade to be a combination of Spearpoint/Tanto=Spanto. I would like to use a different steel,D2,A2,ZDP-189
or S90V etc. etc. Would anyone be interested or know of anyone who would do this? Thanks up front for any help.

MPE

Why don't you check the makers forum? Perhaps you will find someone there who will make you a custom blade.

The Knife Collector,

Posted there. Seems to be alot of lookers without a recommendation!Maybe I'll check another forum!

MPE

Bummer MPE!! I hope you can find someone to make you a blade. OOOOH, what about Reese Weiland??

I sent him an email but a few people PMd me about him,maybe not a good idea.I checked out GBU and read the thread. I will see if he responds.Thanks for the idea.

MPE

I sent him an email but a few people PMd me about him,maybe not a good idea.I checked out GBU and read the thread. I will see if he responds.Thanks for the idea.

MPE

He's mod'd several Sebbies, but you received good advice. . . .at least until he gets several issues squared away.

Oh duh on my part!!! I forgot all about GB&U thread!! My mistake. I didn't mean to steer you wrong!! Keith is right on about STR though.

Thanks fine people. I will find STR and see what I can work out with him.

MPE

STR is a great choice for custom work. I've had a number of knives modified by STR and am very happy with all. If Steve isn't able to produce a blade to your specs please try Gene Ingram. Gene makes some beautiful knives and will do the kind of blade work you're seeking.

good luck
Dan

Thanks for the suggestion Dan. Checked with STR, he is so backed up and his grinder is out of commission. He did give me a contact though. I ordered a knife through Gene and didn't know he would do something like that. Thanks for the idea.

MPE

Back