• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom Shop SFNO - USER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to let this one go :( - hopefully she goes to a good home and gets used a lot. :thumbup:

I am the original owner of this custom shop SFNO - it's from a ganzaaa...can't remember which one. :eek:

I paid $612 for the knife & shipping from Busse and $87 for the Okuden sheath & shipping. Total $699 in this setup. :eek:

It has been used quite a bit, so there are a lot of scratches on the satin blade - they are just surface, cosmetic scratches - nothing deep. NO major damage anywhere. EDITED: The edge is now PERFECT. I hand convexed it on sandpaper up to 600 grit and stropped on leather with compound. There are no dings or nicks in the blade and it is extremely sharp now! Please see post #4 for photos.

The handle is a G-Rex handle - black G-10 and tan canvas micarta. It was factory handshaped - I did not mod the handle at all.

The sheath is in perfect condition - the knife snaps in with authority and I cannot imagine it ever falling out. Okuden builds them as tough as they get. :cool:

Asking $550 $525 $500 shipped for knife and sheath. THIS ONE IS SOLD.

PayPal ok if you are established here on BF. Otherwise, US Postal Money Order for everyone else. US sales only please. No trades.

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

Last edited:
Additional info from a person who owned one.

This was from BladeGanza 2007. And that hand-shaped G-rex handle is the nicest you'll ever find. That's tan canvas micarta with a nice user patina on it.

Yes, the handles are very comfy. :D

Knife is 0.22" thick.

Price drop - let's move this. $525.

I spent several hours this weekend sharpening and polishing the edge with 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper - all this by hand - then stropped on a loaded leather strop. The edge is now PERFECT with no dings or nicks. Very, very sharp convex edge!

Best photos I can do (sorry no macro lens).

IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5386.jpg

Price drop for the weekend. $500 - that is $200 off the price I paid for everything brand new! :eek:

I guess I'll take it off your hands at $500. I'm getting ready to sell some custom SFNOs, and this one might fill a niche. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back