Custom XM-18:almost there,on the way

Well folks,mine is shipped from Vienna cutlery.It should arrive in the beginning of the week.
It's a bowie flipper in 3 1/2 with yellow scales.Ti is tumbled.It should be one of about 20 with a bowie blade.
The pictures are those Amel has sent me...Live ones will follow.
Boy o boy isn't the weekend over yet.

ViennacutleryBild34604.jpg

ViennacutleryBild34606.jpg

Nice isn't she?

Last edited:
I may be on the conservative side,but I really like the bowie grind for starters.

At first I decided for a plain gen.3.But after contacting Mr.Hinderer my mind was set up.Mr.Orlando confirmed me it was a custom and a rather rare one,about 20 were made he stated.I bit the bullet and dug a bit deeper in my wallet.

I wasn't too sure about the yellow,but it kind of grows on you.Anyhow I'm going to order some spare scales.I was thinking about the translucent green,or a textured cf.Camo is nice too.It's an addiction these knifes.

One thing I don't understand:this knife was approx. half a year for sale at the dealer,together with 2 gen.3(which he still has).In the States they last an hour on the site.

Last edited:
Today my knife arrived.I opened the package and this is what I saw:

A plain white box
03052010396.jpg

I opened it and yes...
03052010404.jpg

03052010399.jpg

03052010400.jpg

03052010401.jpg

03052010402.jpg

03052010403.jpg

There she is,my first Hinderer.
As you can see,it's an XM-18 in yellow.
3.5" long,tumbled Ti.
Blade is a custom bowie with flipper.
Quality is,well,next to nothing.No play,nice centerd blade.Amazing piece of tool.More will surely follow.
Thanks to Rick for making it and thanks to Amel at Vienna cutlery for selling it to me.

Last edited:
I wasn't too sure about the scale colour at first.
But you can change them if you want,so I went for it and bought the knife.
In real life it looks ok though.I think it'll stay like that for now.
I liked the translucent green ones that are for sale better,or drool a cf one.

But if you look at it,Rick is a firefighter.That explains his choice of safety orange or yellow I presume.

Guess what,I had a nice slice of yellow pineapple after lunch today.Used my xm to cut it:D

Very cool pictures, thanks for posting.
I think the yellow scales are awesome and I also am a total freak for orange :)
Personally I think the spanto design is part of my attraction for the xm-18 and the overall style is fascinating. The bowie does nothing for me at the moment. But you should like it, that's what it's about. So congrats on your purchase!

Congrats!! That is one schaweeeeeeeeeeet XM-18!!!

I also like the color too!!

Back