Customers

Ya gotta love 'em.
I had one just come back from a Hunting trip in Canada. He had 2 knives on order from me already, and I just recieved an email from him--wanting a knife for himself :D Seems he bagged a HUGE buck, and is treating himself.
Here's the buck:
Cimg0505a.jpg

Sean

Look at the head on that monster!

Jeez!

shame you can't talk him out of those antlers for handle materials!

Doc

Lord have mercy!..... :eek:

And who says Canada has no redeeming qualities! :footinmou

Doc Hollywood said:
Look at the head on that monster!

Jeez!

shame you can't talk him out of those antlers for handle materials!

Doc
With the s#it eating grin he has on his face--he'd kill me before letting me cut them up!
can't say as I blaim him !

That is a hugh deer.

Yep, I work for the customer. I agree with your enthusiastic regards for them.

RL

fitzo

Gold Member
I LOVE how no knifemaker can look at a rack on anything without evaluating its potential for knifehandles!! Well, antler-type rack, that is! ;)

it's better than my leg bone. I went to the doc today only to find that I broke off the end of my tibia... a little piece really... (in my wine hazed run to the damn mailbox Tues. nite...) Fitzo, I have run 6 miles a day, 6 days a week for three years now and this puts a huge dent in my f***** day!!
No. Toe's ok in the overall scheme of things. I'll unveil it for the camera Friday next! ;)

mitch

fitzo

Gold Member
Dang, Mitch, sorry to hear that. It's been a tough few days for your body. I hope the shinbone heals without necessitating surgery to remove the fragment. Good luck!

I thought I'd show you guys the Knife he wants for himself. It's ATs34, blades 3 1/2" long, california buckeye scales:
bestpichunt.jpg

If I may, and this is specifically a responce to the original thread start, I have - not all my adult time but considerably - been in sells. I have always taken the attitude of listening. I have found that listening carefully can enhance sales. Most speak, in my opinion, should be that of the prospective customer. That is how I have best learned his needs and that is what has helped enhance my ability to try to fullfill his requirements. I have also had a very respectful view of my customers. That is I have been able to view them as my employer. I do not mean that in a buisiness sense but rather in a personal sense. It is almost like I do not work for myself. I believe that is a very healthy and over all happy attitude to capture.

Oh well, just the way I do feel and have felt for years while being in buisiness for myself. What'a I know. I'm still financially poor; but I am not otherwise poor.

RL