Cutting Boards

me2

Anyone have recommendations for a relatively large do all cutting board? It would be for vegetables and meat slicing. It should have a groove around the edge for juice containment. I'd prefer wood but I'm open to other options for materials.

Anyone have recommendations for a relatively large do all cutting board? It would be for vegetables and meat slicing. It should have a groove around the edge for juice containment. I'd prefer wood but I'm open to other options for materials.
Check out Boos Boards & Hardwood creations. Davis Ca. You want natural Wood! & only wood! Pass on plastic , composites and fancy plywood’s ..

I would recommend wood. Yes it requires maintenance, but it’s much easier on your knives, and it’s much more sanitary IMHO. I know this was almost 2 years ago, but are you still looking for options? I’d be happy to share some knowledge I’ve learned a lot about cutting boards dealing with my wife’s knives and her boards tearing them up.

I would recommend wood. Yes it requires maintenance, but it’s much easier on your knives, and it’s much more sanitary IMHO. I know this was almost 2 years ago, but are you still looking for options? I’d be happy to share some knowledge I’ve learned a lot about cutting boards dealing with my wife’s knives and her boards tearing them up.
Scientifically proven to be more sanitary, actually. :D

Of course "sanitary" is a myth.
Anything exposed to the atmosphere is exposed to dust (some of which is from interplanetary and intersteller space, the Moon, Mars, and the Asteroid belt, beleve it or not), pollen, bacteria, viruses, mold spores, bug poo ... whatever the various government's of the world are distributing by con trails ... hardly "sanitary" by any definition of the word. :)

I would also recommend wood.

I have 2: a larchwood and a hinoki board. The larchwood has rubber feet, looks nicer, shows wear less and I am sure will last longer. However the hinoki is very light, thinner and easier to use and clean.

JK Adams boards have a lifetime warranty! I got their 16x16 cherry end grain and its pretty nice! Its also pretty thick, over 2" I believe, so it can hold up to some chopping without messing anything up. I know they have a smaller size of end grain, but there are also plenty of other thinner carving and edge grain boards in their lineup to choose from.

Back