Cutting Weight On Supertool?

I recently came across a post in another section where someone mentioned drilling out the handle of his Leatherman Supertool and grinding down a couple of the blades to lighten the weight. Sounds like this should work, but before I end up with a pocket full of scrap metal -given my machine shop skills! - I would like to hear from anyone else who has tried this. Any particular recomendations? How much can you take off before seriously weakening the handle? What size holes have you drilled? Any help most appreciated!

Just keep in mind the limitations of this sort of modification. You have to remove an awful lot of material to achieve any significant weight reduction.

--Bob Q

...Easy...Trade it for a "Standard" Leatherman Tool.:).

.....having tied to drill it and burned out several bits I can attest to the fact that Mr. Leatherman uses a very hard steel! And the amount that I'd have to cut out would indeed have to be sizeable to make a real differance, soooo........ will continue carrying it as-is and consider the extra weight as a contribution to my daily exercise regimine!

Back