D. H. Russell Knives - Where?

Does anyone know where to find D.H.Russell knives, besides A.G.Russell? They have four of the knives, but there's a flat ground one I'm trying to find. If you have an idea, please let me know. Thanks.

------------------
Cutting through all the muck,
we get to what's really important.

John 3:3-7

God Bless You!

Grohmann Knives makes them. Check out their website --
www.grohmannknives.com

Their "camp knife" version of the original #1 DH Russell model is flat ground, w/their usual variety of handles -- rosewood, laminated resinwood, stag.

NOTE however that the flat ground version only comes in *stainless steel* and not carbon (non-stainless). Note also that the #1 w/4" blade is only 1/8" thick, so the flat grind may not do a whole lot.

You might also check to see if AG Russell can order it for you, as their price will doubtlessly be less than you'd pay ordering from Grohmann direct.

Hope it helps --

Glen

DH Russel and A G Russel are in fact not related. DH was a well known outdoor writer and dealer of sporting goods in Ottawa Canada and the knife was named after him.

The first quality knife that I owned was a carbon steel Russel Belt Knife. I miss that knife but if I hadn't lost it I would never have gotten into knifemaking.

------------------
george
www.tichbourneknives.com
sales@tichbourneknives.com

Storyville - Thanks for the info! I wish they had a flat grind in the carbon blade. Oh well.
smile.gif

George - Thanks also for the background!
smile.gif

Rich

------------------
Cutting through all the muck,
we get to what's really important.

John 3:3-7

God Bless You!

Back