D2 steel quality Civivi?

I’m wondering what D2 from Civivi compares with in therms of other knife steels. How is the D2 Civivi quality, harness, toughness?
I get the Elementum in D2 for my birthday. Just wondering how it stacks up to other steels.

I own several Civivis and have never had any trouble at all, even with severely thin grinds like on the Shredder. Civivi seems to have a pretty good reputation in general. They don’t pretend to be super deluxe knives, but they make a good quality working knife, especially for the price.

I agree. WE is a great company to deal with and their D2 is real (very well heat treated) D2

And if the D2 scares you you can get a Blade HQ exclusive Elementum in s35vn!!
CIVIVI Elementum Liner Lock Knife Natural G-10 (2.9" Stonewash S35VN)

Well I just ordered the gent, looking forward to playing with it when it comes in.

I've been using a McKenna as a light-duty EDC for about 6 months now, and the d2 is pretty great. It takes a very nice edge, and holds it reasonably well. I do find the combination of d2 and a bearing action (which is used on many civivi knives) to be a little problematic due to the tendency of the steel to rust and the tendency of bearings to allow the intrusion of moisture. It just needs a bit of a closer eye on maintenance than you might for another knife.

I've heard some good things about WE and Civivi,
as far as chinese production knives, i would they these two are the exception to what we know of as low-tier chinese "flea market" knives. ive heard "chinese D2" thrown around these forums here and there and ive enough to scare me, but like i said, ive heard good things about WE and Civivi, if i had to choose between the two, id say WE

Back