1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Matt "Charlie Mike" Freeman passed away unexpectedly last weekend. We have various threads posted in both the General & Community forums, please share your memories:

RIP Charlie Mike

A Go Fund Me has been started to help cover his funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/cmftw-for-matt-f

Dagger burl handle

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Todor Hristov, May 17, 2018.

1. Todor Hristov

Todor Hristov KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 21, 2017
    Hello forum. Another dagger from me. The difference here is that I added this concave line on the guard. The challenge with it was that I had to dig slots for the shoulders of the blade into the guard. I think the extra effort was worth it .

Steel - N690Co 59-60 HRC.
    OAL - 271 mm (~10.7").
    Blade - 146Х29Х5.3mm (~5.7x1.1x0.2") flat grind with secondary bevels.
    Blade finish - polish after 800 grit.
    Handle - stabilized alder burl , african blackwood and aged bronze.
    Leather sheath.
    Weight with/without sheath 208/286 grams.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pics

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Very nice, the fit is exceptional....fine little dagger. :)

3. Todor Hristov

Todor Hristov KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 21, 2017
    Thank you Sir.

4. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    nice work, i appreciate the details.

5. Todor Hristov

Feb 21, 2017
    Thank you John.

6. Juha Perttula

Juha Perttula Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Todor Hristov likes this.