Daghetta Lock Issue

Sooo... I recently got a Daghetta and I have to say I really like it... except for one thing. My lock is super sticky. Like it wedges into the locked position. I've tried some graphite lube, didn't really help. Disassembled it as much as I could (just the scales off... the liners are riveted together which kind of bums me out but whatever) and adjusted the pivot to see if that helped and nothing seems to help. Any of you fine folks have any advice? Tips? Thanks in advance.

I just kept working the lock with out closing the blade,it smoothed out quite well. My problem is, opening the knife,with such a strong spring and pointy studs, it gets old fast.

My new Daghetta D2 CF came in today and I have the same issues.

It's so tight that I need to use my other than to open it. Too strong a detent.

Thumb studs are sharp. Thumb stud are also on the lock (axis).

Lock is tight and very rough.

Did it break in for all of you?

I finally gave up with mine. Put it back in its box,its a nice knife,but a real pain to use.
My loss I guess, from trying out a different maker.

I have a choice of either sending it back to BladeHQ or open it with my support hand.

I have a choice of either sending it back to BladeHQ or open it with my support hand.

Yeah, I couldn't send mine back, as I had taken sand paper to a thumb stud.
I also have the Opera in G10 its easier to open.

Yeah, I couldn't send mine back, as I had taken sand paper to a thumb stud.
I also have the Opera in G10 its easier to open.

I really like the knife and its looks once it's open. However, it may be intolerable as is!

Here it is next to my Benchmade 530-1303 Pardue CF.

c5f08206-cfb7-40cb-b3d7-9407dd21670e_zps42269eb6.jpg

I know what your saying, its a fine knife to be sure. After our discussion on the Daghetta, I decided to take it out again,and using it as a two hand opener.
Its too nice of a knife to leave in the box. :p

I know what your saying, its a fine knife to be sure. After our discussion on the Daghetta, I decided to take it out again,and using it as a two hand opener.
Its too nice of a knife to leave in the box. :p

I'm seriously debating precisely that. To resign myself to only opening it with thumb & index finger of my support hand.

I'll tell you what, if the police stop you and check it for gravity fed, you can just sit back and smile. :D Also I watched a video of a Russian guy, trying to make the knife close spine whacking it, on a stump.Have no fear this knife will not close on you,once open.

Loosened up a bit. Most importantly, I can now open and close it with just one hand although it's not easy and painless yet! Building calluses on my strong thumb!

Here's how I open and close my Daghetta one-handed.

To Open:

Pinch the two thumb studs with thumb and index finger, go past the strong detent and continue opening with just the thumb.

To Close:

Rest the bottom of the folder against the palm of your hand and use the thumb and middle finger to push down / release the lock and then close the blade using your index finger.

Of course, this is all after it has loosened up some.

Keeper!

Weird how easy it opened for him. Perhaps the older versions from 2009 were like that. Perhaps in time mine will be that smooth and easy to open!

Also I believe he mentions that the Dag is a lock back, this is why its so hard to open,with a strong back spring.

My LionSteel PM-1 is also a lockback and it too was impossible to open one-handed at the beginning but not as bad as the Daghetta. I can now painfully open the Daghetta with just the thumb. More open/close cycles and I think it'll get there -- eventually.

Back