• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Damascus and Ivory Fight for ABS Expo

This mosaic damascus fighter has a fossil walrus ivory handle, damascus fittings, stainless steel liners, and a mosaic damascus blade. The blade and fittings have been gun blued to a dark finish.

This will come with a Paul Long sheath as well and again my pictures are lackluster. I hope to see you in SA.

2010%20Damascus-Fighter.jpg

2010%20Damascus-Fighter-Frame.jpg

2010Damascus-Fighter-Blade.jpg

2010%20Damascus-Figher-Handle.jpg

I love that knife. Terrific pattern, beautiful ivory and cool handle design. Sweet!

Roger

Josh, that is incredibly nice knife, but I would offer a personal observation. If I was making such a piece, which I cannot at this point (and possibly never so take it for what it is worth), I would think about installing the center damascus spacer at an angle in between the one of the back of the ferrule and that of the buttcap.

This is a piece of art.
Everything here is near perfection and must be admired!

Crappy photos STILL show clearly how terrific the patterns are. What I think I'd LOVE to see are the stunning colors this one has.

Looking forward to the better images after the show. Don't let this one go past Eric's room without a trip inside. :)

Well done.

Coop (BTW, they are above average photos--for a knifemaker.... ;))

Nice looking one, Josh. Love that walrus ivory, great package.

Best,

Bob Betzner

Thank you so much guys. I appreciate it.

Coop, I will definetly have Eric shoot it. Usually I shoot a little better but when I was cleaning my shop a while back I set my light box outside. 30 minutes later I looked up to rain and the white paper on it was ruined! I need to rebuild it and it is really nice to have your tutorial to do that. Thanks!

Back