Damascus Folder

Kershaw Skyline
KS1760DAM%5Blarge%5D.jpg

a price range might help give you a good recommendation. I probably wouldn't buy a less-than $400 folder with damascus, but that's just me. I'd rather spend the money on getting a better quality folder at that point. Devin Thomas and Rob Thomas damascus is supposed to be top notch. You can get that on the Sebenzas and Mnandi. there's a really nice dragonskin damascus on the mnandi that you can get, but you'd have to contact CRK specially. it looks incredible. I believe Bertie Rietveld makes it.

bertie_elephant_open_L.jpg

damascussnake.jpg

Last edited:
a price range might help give you a good recommendation. I probably wouldn't buy a less-than $400 folder with damascus, but that's just me. I'd rather spend the money on getting a better quality folder at that point.

I feel the same. If you're going damascus get it from a quality reputable maker.

The Kershaws use Alabama Damascus blades - real Damascus - from the folks who make it for Bear MGC. Both are from Jacksonville, AL - and an affordable entry into Damascus blades. Mcusta also sells Damascus bladed knives at a reasonable price, although their layered construction often culminates in a VG10 edge.

IMG_0616.jpg

The top knife above is a Buck Custom Shop 110 with teardrop Damascus - a custom - and quite handsome - Damascus. The other two are Alabama Damascus blades - very good values for the cost, particularly if you want to try the 'micro-saw edge' of Damascus.

Stainz

Back