Damascus for EDC

Looking at the Magnum series damascus folders for EDC, any comments from users? This would be my first damascus blade and would treat it like a carbon blade, making sure it does not get a chance to tarnish or rust.

Edit: Well, my mistake. Guess I should have known Boker wouldn't market a substandard product.
Mind you, not an owner of the Magnum "Damascus" series at all, though IMO for very good reason.

is it actually pattern-welded (damascus steel is wootz, a crucible steel)? Probably not. And even if it is, it is probably two poor-quality steels (if it is steel at all).
Damascus Steel blades today a fake?

Quite a few fakes out there. Just look up katana or japanese sword on eBay - using acid etching to create "pattern-welded" or "folded" blades.
http://www.nihontokanjipages.com/fake_japanese_swords.html

Personally, I'd just look at the typical price-point of pattern-welded blades on other folders, including Kershaw Leek, etc and figure out where a knife around 20 USD would be likely to have a pattern-welded blade.

I think you would be much better served by looking at the CLB (Chad Los Banos) offerings from the Boker Plus line.
if you must have pattern-welded blades, look at actual Boker offerings, and not outsourced and rebranded knives.

Last edited:
I think the Magnum "Damascus" blades are actually accid treated, overheard that a long while ago.

Personally I'd take a look at the Böker Plus CLB designs like senoBDEC suggests. They're not without reason the best sold Böker line. Consider a SubCom/SubClaw, Trance or Hyper as your boarding ticket to the CLB Hysteria.:thumbup: For that money you can't got better framelock folders.

Looking at the Magnum series damascus folders for EDC, any comments from users? This would be my first damascus blade and would treat it like a carbon blade, making sure it does not get a chance to tarnish or rust.

Those MAGNUM Damascus blades are pretty well made for this price range.
Those are real damascus blades, not a mono steel blade, with etched decoration on it.
Those consist of about 37 layers of steel.

Certainly, you cannot compare it to our LEO-damascus with 600 layers, but, if you like the damascus look, and don't want to spend this much money, for EDC they are very good.
And yes, you should pay a lil bit attention to the blade, do not cut apples, oranges or lemons etc and put the blade away dirty. Clean it and dry it.
At home you can put a lil bit of oil onto the blade...