Damasteel and Pearl Bread (Challah) Knife

Heres a custom piece for a fellow medico I made a couple of months ago. I'm not really entirely happy with the pictures but they're all I have to work with.

Its intended as a "challah knife" which is from a Jewish tradition of breaking and sharing bread. From my research, most such knives are very similar to most other bread knives or carving knives, but many had a blue on white theme, but the customer felt this wasn't necessary and I had artistic license to create this piece.

Specs - 8inch blade, Hakkapella Damasteel, Full tang, 416SS handle slabs with "nugget" texture, overlaid with heat-coloured B-titanium and Exhibition grade white mother-of-pearl. The screws are 2-56 hex screws.

Hope you enjoy the pics and all feedback would be welcomed. Thanks. Jason.

Note :- as mentioned in a previous post, I am no longer accepting custom orders, due to new family and health considerations. I will be focussing on stock-removed knives for the next few months.

Jason Cutter Bladeart
Jason Cutter aka Dr Kwong Yeang
Knifemaker, Australia
http://www.jcbknives.com

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

As an Orthodox Jew who uses such a knife at leat twice a week, I would say that that is a great piece that I would be happy to use for our ceremonial dinners. And I am really picky about such things. What fantastic work.

Back