Dangler Sheaths and other carry considerations

Oh that is nice, do we know the Maker?

I'll tell ya the brilliant part of that system in my opinion, is the lacing where the post meets the frog. That portion won't wear from use, and if it did, it would be a fairly easy fix.

Last edited:
Damnit, now there's a post in my head that slips in the frog and has a foot on it for a retention strap that is attached to the drop on the frog. Can't buy a post like that, but by God, we've got a forge!

That might make no sense whatsoever, but it's pretty badass in my head right now lol.

What he said ^ :cool: Real nice one huh? Love the thread work too :thumbsup: All the thread color should match though, even if different material. ;) Make it so Redmeadow Man :D

Ray

Oh that is nice, do we know the Maker?

I'll tell ya the brilliant part of that system in my opinion, is the lacing where the post meets the frog. That portion won't wear from use, and if it did, it would be a fairly easy fix.
His name on FB is Arno Buck this was seen on Knife Sheath Maker’s FB group. He does fantastic work.

Damnit, now there's a post in my head that slips in the frog and has a foot on it for a retention strap that is attached to the drop on the frog. Can't buy a post like that, but by God, we've got a forge!

That might make no sense whatsoever, but it's pretty badass in my head right now lol.
Would something like this work with a working knife like, for instance, a bullnose?

So tell us John - if you have a mind to :rolleyes: - now that you have attempted a SASH & FROG style sheath what kicked it off the bench. Was the knife too short to begin with or were there other considerations?

Would you ever try again with a different blade? Just wonderin' o_O

Ray

I could get everything to function, it just turned into a lot of sheath and awkward. Dropping the frog and getting the guard low enough to balance everything out kept things from drawing right. I'm gonna revisit it with a larger knife and then try to downsize the design.

You guys know the sayin' - It's a sad arse that can't rejoice - well here in my neck of the woods they now are sayin' - It's a sad sheath that can't rejoice :confused: - YUP my new SmokeStack sheath is flatulent :eek: :D

This beautiful leatherwork farts while I walk o_O

Difficult to be stealthy on a woods walk when the sheath is talking the whole time. :( It made for an interesting hike - was laughing as much as not.:) I figured out that the D ring is the culprit - rubbing on the dangler as the sheath swings while I walk.

Will need some paraffin, I think, in addition to more breaking in. Ended up needing to stuff the sheath into my pocket (still hanging from my belt). That quieted down little farty but added some character to my gait. Never would have expected ... :rolleyes:

I'm still a very happy member of the Clan of the Cowbell. This is a wonderful rig (got the knife dirty too :cool:).

All good!

Ray

Last edited:
The best answer is: I''ve blamed farts on dogs before, but never on a sheath!

The real answer is: If it keeps farting after some break in, send it back and I'll take care of it Ray:thumbsup:

I like it tight. I think it will wear in, meanwhile I just need to turn the radio up.

R

Back