Darrel Ralph, Mini Apogee, A Thank You To DDR

Rosco.
Did the cam bushing do the trick for you ?
Rosco I feel your comment about me posting about a private email between you or any other client and I is a slap in my face. I would never betray the trust of a client in that or any other manner.

If not once again please return the knife and
I will refurbish it for you .

As for boon emailing me thats between him and I . How he conducts his business is his own freedom and as you stated you have yours .
If he want to be a gentleman about the way he does business that his concern. Dirty laundry is not what these forums are about IMHO. Although some feel it is. Its not my style and never will be.
And from the post he made he is a decent human being that gives a damn about what other think of him.
The forums are open to any discussion as far as I know. There is something about sitting behind a computer that make folks want to say anything that comes into there heads without consideration sometimes of the person on the other end.

IMHO there is a right way and a wrong way to handle yourself. I am not perfect either. I have said things in these forums that I WOULD say in person... but I do regret saying them later. I do not sit and piss and moan about things that a person has bent overbackwards to try correct though . Imho I feel if you post here you have to take the good and the bad. I do respect personal freedom VERY much. Blues just stated what his point of this post was about. Whats wrong with that?

I like you Rosco. You always pop up and have something to say. Did you get the screw fixed on your apogee clip? If not once again send it to me and Ill update it and have it out to in one day. Ill even reano the knife for you and update it. What else can I do for you to help you make me feel the justice that you feel I deserve for buying that apogee you bought?

I didnt ask for these folks to post here about dealing with me . They do it on there own. So if it bothers you why not send an email to Gus and ask for all these posts to be erased. Actions speak louder than words.
Im sure not one person would mind there personal freedom being revolked by you .

How about we take care of your situation like gentleman?

------------------
Web Site At www.infinet.com/~browzer/bldesmth.html
New Web at www.darrelralph.com

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 05-18-2000).]

Mr. Ralph

My last post was to let this thing die and let's move on. You have now accused me of sitting behind a computer and saying whatever I please and, I guess, not acting like a gentleman. I have no problem with other people singing your praises. If that was their experience more power to them. That was why I wanted one of your knives in the 1st place. I wish I had the same experience. I met you in person and have no disagreement with the comments that you are a likeable and congenial person. Also, if you read my collective comments, I have never had a problem with the knife in general. I have had a problem with the clip and your representation to me that that was how they were all being made. I have also thanked you for telling me how to adjust the cam bushing so the lock doesn't go all the way over and that adjustment has been made. As to Blues, I was just pointing out that some others might have a differant point of view and that should be expected on a forum.

You are creating a very high expectation of your work. Please don't make promises that you can't keep because it will come back to bite you. My whole point has been: I don't want to send the knife back to you. Deliver it as asked for and if there is a defect or lack of finishing don't put it on your table for sale. Most of the praises in your direction have been about after sale interaction. My point is get it right the first time so I don't have to make trips to UPS, FEDEX or, god forbid the US postal service!! Man, I don't have time after working 50 to 60 hours per week.

As to Booshank, it might be between you and him, but it does raise concerns in my mind as to how confidential my user name is, if a moderater can match the user forum name with a private e-mail.

I ask you Mr. Ralph, in your humble opinion, in what way have I handled myself in the "wrong way?" Have I stated something that you believe to be a lie? If so let me know and I will retract it and apologize if I was wrong. I did wish to let this thing go, but it was wrong for you to refer to Booshank's E-mail.

Not to change the last subject matter here, YES to change the subject:

Asked by ~ JerryO ~:Jackyl is that your second apogee or apogee #2. I ask cause I have Apogee #2

I do believe this is his second Apogee, not #2 from earlier posts and emails of Jackyl's I have read! And if it were to happen to be serial numbered #2, I'm sure DDR would signafy it with another letter or something to that effect to distingush it's uniqueness and number keeping it different just like serial numbers are.

I really don't know what the problem with booshank's Large Apogee is and don't really care to know, but I do know that my 4.25" bladed Apogee's are mere perfection. I truly can not find any faults or flaws with them what soever. I have had many knives over the years, including integral style locking knives such as the Mission MPF-Ti's, Chris Reeve Large Sebenza's, Benchmade Pinnacle's, and I must say that the DDR Apogee shows superiority in craftsmanship and design. Now granted this is my opinion, but this is the first knife I been 100% satisfied with and can't find anything I don't like about it or would change. Darrel Ralph has worked with me so well in the whole process of purchasing my twins, I have never had a nicer experience in buying a knife than I did with these two. I'm 100% sure DDR will do just about whatever needs to be done to correct any situation that is humanly possible to make his clients happy!
smile.gif

Oh geez, I thought I was changing the subject matter, I hope I didn't stumble into it! I don't think I did, or did I?!!
confused.gif
Oh well!
redface.gif

AKTI.jpg

------------------
"THERE IS NO FEELING LIKE AN APOGEE FEELING!"

[This message has been edited by Mark W Douglas (edited 05-19-2000).]

No Jerry, it's not #2...it's my second, and theirs a reason for that as well. My first Apogee was a small, plain from KnifeArt.com. After receiving it, I decided that the clip made it impossible to slip the knife in my pocket. I adjusted the clip, and that didn't get it, so I went off like an ass, and posted it on the forum. Darrel was very calm about it, and told me to send it back, which I did. After many emails, Darrel fixed the clip issue and I got it back. Well, I was happy with it for a month or so, then some other small things popped up with the Apogee. The blade started to hit the spacer, and the lock engaged at over 75%. I sent the knife back again, and he assured me that their were many updates that needed to be added, and how the Apogee was / is an ever evolving piece. Well, after receiving the knife again for the second time, it was PERFECT, so perfect, I even had the gold nuggeting option added. Darrel, I believe, has finally perfected the Apogee, and customer service. I have so much faith in Darrel's work now, that I am having my initals permanetly etched on my Apogee. I am proud to have the opportunity to own a piece of DDR's work, and all that comes along with it.

BTW, theirs nothing wrong with requesting that no one sling mud in their thread, and it's disrespectful to do so, reguardless of the wishes of the original poster. Start a new thread. FAN CLUB MEMBERS ONLY!!!
wink.gif

Also, (not directed at any one person) send the knife back to Darrel and give him a chance, or quitcherbitchin' and sell the knife to someone who will really enjoy it.

-AR

------------------

What's a quitcherbitchin'? Is that some type of new knife DDR is going to debut at the Blade Show in a couple of weeks?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mark
AKTI Member #A000003
wink.gif

------------------

Yep...it has 4 weave black G10 scales, standard flat-head pivot screw, bead blasted 416 ss liners, a brittle, bead blasted, chisel ground, ATS34 tanto blade, liner lock, and a loosly fitted thumbdisk. Everytime you open it, it makes the sound, "Quitcherbitchin'!!!"

...it even has this cool new feature, to disengage the liner lock, all you have to do is gently squeeze the handle, and it will close up on your index finger. Cool huh?
wink.gif

-AR

Jac
I do have good news . THe EDC will come with a 3/16 60 rc stop pin to stop the rotating bushing situation. I like to be able to adjust the knives but I feel it is just a bit to far on the other end of the scale for every user. The 3/16 stop pin is a hog..
:] The EDC will combind the best of the apogee and the krait.

------------------
Web Site At www.infinet.com/~browzer/bldesmth.html
New Web at www.darrelralph.com

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 05-19-2000).]

Sounds cool man...I can't wait to see the actual EDC line, and more forum members pics of them all decked out.

-AR

------------------

Hello Mr. Ralph. I was wondering if you are going to attend the Louisville Kentucky gunshow in mid June. The apogee has always been appealing to me and the price range has entered my zone with the small one.
Cordially
Ode

Orinally Posted By Darrel Ralph: Mark Check your mail

Something must have happened...nothing attached to my mail!
confused.gif
Please re-send DDR!

THANKX,
Mark
AKTI Member #A000003

------------------

Thanks all who responded to my questions.

Yes, I too am a member of the DR fan club (I'm in a twelve step cigarsmoking/knifeusing/cadd programing/whiskey drinking self-help program right now
wink.gif
) It's a horrifing malady as many of you know, most pronounced symptom of course is the willingness to part with lots of greenbacks for cutlery.

Actually, I'm sorry to hear that anyone has had problems with their apogee's. I have one of the earlier ones and no it's not perfect, but I've never seen a perfect knife either. I do know that Darrel told me to take it out and just "whale the tar out of it, if anything goes wrong I'll fix it" and I have. I've never pryed with it, well just a little. but I've done things your not supposed to do with knives like cut and strip wires, use the spine as a screwdriver, cut on a steel kitchen countertop and ceramic plates, trim masking tape off of a car that was being painted, cut metal straps off of boxes, cut up a plastic dashboard. Ok yes I've dulled it, but I've never chipped it or had any other problem that couldn't be solved within 10 minutes on a spyderco sharpmaker. It took me 2-3 weeks when I first got it to get the Ti slab to move over, the lock up was so hard. Put a dent into my thumb that hurt so much I taught myself how to open and close the knife lefty! Never had to adjust it. That's a little under 2 years now. I believe that I have the 3rd he ever made. A prototype then #1 (whoever has these you lucky dogs!) and my #2. I also prefer the older style blade shape over the new widebody one!

I also have an arty knife from Darrel that is never going to cut anything, a small persian style fixed blade with darrels designer damascus for blade and bolster and gold lip pearl slabs. Yes, I've cut a few minor things just to see how it would perfom, but I can't bring myself to abuse it.

I've also just spoken to Darrel about un-knifey things like computers, cigars, dogs etc. and have found him to be a great all around guy. One who definately stands behind all he does. So just what is the problem?

------------------
~ JerryO ~

Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum

I come to this board for the enjoyment of interacting with folks who, like me, love knives.

I am certain there are many collectors out there who would make my collection look meager, but, if for no other reason than "qualifying" my comments which follow, I have collected knives for the better part of 25 years. My knives have been used from Alaska to Brazil, and most points between. Hard work knives, art knives, fighters, you name it I own it, use it, or train with it.

The point to all of this is simple: Darrel Ralph is as talented a knife maker as you will ever meet, bar none. When you weed out the folks that never call you back, never email, and are very very difficult to find, he stands, in my humble opinion, with the finest people in the industry, and it is a very, very small group.

Let me be blunt: If you have a problem with Darrel, there likely isn't anyone, including yourself, that you can get along with for very long.

Bruce Aukerman, Indiana

Back