Darrin Sanders Initial Impressions / Mini-Review

My goal is to lay out an inital impression/mini-review for a great little EDC blade from Darrin Sanders. The blade is out of 10V at 63 HC. The length is 2 ⅞” and OAL sits at 6 ⅝” Weight of the knife is 1.98 oz and total package with sheath is 3.99 oz. The blade stock is thin and tapers to a ridiculous thinness at the tip. The blade is ground very thin to the edge as pictured. The knife size/package/materials just call out to be carried.

The edge is extremely thin behind the edge. This blade is very sharp and 10V takes/holds an edge quite nicely (hehe). I have really come to like sharpening choils, but either way it's not a show stopper. You can see in one of the pics that it sliced right through an orange seed like butter. Didn't realize it until later as it was just a pure slice with no noticeable friction. I cut these oranges, sliced some thin cardboard, and then tested shaving ability on my leg calf hair with light pressure on one pass. This 10V performs at an excellent level. This one is a laser no doubt.

The handle material is of maple (burl). The knife locks into my hand perfectly. The ever so slight finger relief allows confidence when holding and the lip below the butt of the handle instills a better grip. The handle material on the maple is beautiful and I am in awe every time I look at it. As stated, the handle is not only of beauty, but function.

The sheath is a leather pocket sheath and is what I like for a blade of this size. Really easy to slip into the back pocket, etc. The blade fits into the sheath secure and easily. Sheath is nicely made, simple, and of quality leather. No complaints here.

The design and intricate details are present in this little blade and sets it apart from many others. It takes a while for many of the details to set in and sure there are a lot that I will come upon with future use of the knife. This blade is a winner all the way around. It has a purpose, and is so easy to carry. It excels for most tasks on an EDC basis.

Darrin’s work is the total package and you can see that in this knife. Darrin carries out excellent designs, H/T, edge geometry, material selection, and the list goes on and on. Darrin is a pleasure to do business with and just a great guy overall. This knife is an example of Darrin’s attention to detail and he fills the ultra thin niche with this one.
8440_C65_F-4673-4049-_BCBB-_EBF77_E7052_E7.jpg

E3296_B3_F-_C3_F0-487_C-_A079-_A8_CFCCA0_A2_A5.jpg

0_EB04_C87-81_E4-4_B33-_A352-_B13_D905_DE4_B4.jpg

28_E8_C404-_C1_BF-4_DDE-93_E9-21_C5_D29_CA90_A.jpg

3_BEAEA06-30_F7-485_D-_A791-8561_CB46_F69_B.jpg

4_D787_CE6-33_A0-4484-9_EB5-_C310891_D8424.jpg

83507467-_A47_D-4330-9_FF8-35_CE87_C0205_B.jpg

FA45_B0_B0-52_E7-41_BB-84_DB-067_A61_EEA9_CD.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Joe. Glad to see that you're enjoying the knife. I hope it serves you well. BTW, just to be clear, the handle material is stabilized Maple burl. If I told you it was Birdseye, I apologize.

Thanks for the review Joe. Glad to see that you're enjoying the knife. I hope it serves you well. BTW, just to be clear, the handle material is stabilized Maple burl. If I told you it was Birdseye, I apologize.

Darrin: I'm leaning on my lack of interpretation. Thanks for the clarification.

-Joe

Back